Things I overheard:
- Kelsier was not spiked.
- Kandra can determine each other's gender via scent.
- Part of the Lord Ruler's motivation for setting up The Final Empire was revenge against the people he viewed as encroaching on his people's land. He was also obsessed with creating order, which Ruin later exploited.
- The Ars Arcanum in the books were all written by one person.
- The author of the Ars Arcanum is either Hoid or a member of the Seventeenth Shard. Brandon also pointed to an annotation on the map of Elendel that's relevant to this question.
Things Zas overheard:
- Are the usual quadrants (Physical, Mental, Temporal, Enhancement) preserved in Feruchemy and Hemalurgy? Status:No. In Ferchemy, it is based Realmantically. There is a quadrant of Spiritual, a quadrant of Cognitive and two quadrants of Physical.
- How do Kandra decide gender? Is it just intellectual? Or are there subtle physical differences? Status- Kandra have a specific gender that is associated with scent- you can tell if a kandra is a boy or girl depending on how they smell. There is more to it than that. They also know who they are attracted to.
- Does the person being pierced in order to charge a Hemalurgic spike have to die? Status- Not necessarily. A spike does require you to rip pieces of a soul from the victim, but that does not mean they must die. They would be a very different person afterwords though.
- Why do Seons become broken when their person is taken by the Shaod? Status- A Seon has a Spiritual Connection with their user. When the Shaod takes the user, it messes up the spiritual nature of the user, and it really messes up the nature of the Seon.
Other overheard info:
- There's just the one system in Warbreaker, and it's also a world with only one Shard on it.
Signing quotes from books:
Far from the Central Dominance, skaa can hold land and get rich. The Lord Ruler doesn't let this be known.
Watch for what happens when something leaves a bendalloy bubble.
Entities exist on all three realms that are only vaguely shadowed on the other realms.
You have seen entities who exist primarily on the Cognitive Realm + are shadowed on the Physical.
NOTE: I asked him when, and he wouldn't say.
The Lord Ruler once gave up and tried to end the Final Empire.
Expanse of the densities = a world you know.
Edited by KChan, 11 November 2011 - 10:21 PM.