Make up your own metallic powers

Gagylpus

This is just for fun. Have any of you ever thought of new allomantic or feruchemical abilities that you think would be fun/interesting/cool? Here is a thread to share them. :)

Here are some that I have come up with.

Allomancy:

Sense metals and pull heat away from metals, cooling them (possibly transferring heat to yourself)

Sense metals and push heat into metals, heating them (possibly transferring heat from yourself)

Sense metals and pull light into metals, darkening them or making them perfectly black

Sense metals and push light into them, brightening them or making them shine light

Sense metals and weaken them, making them easier to deform or fracture

Sense metals and strengthen them, making them harder to deform or fracture

Sense metals and disintegrate them, turning them into the mists (which would probably quickly evaporate if it was daytime or inside)

Sense metals and grow them from the mists (requires the mists and a seed of the desired metal)

Push on the life force within living beings, making it more difficult for them to heal or grow

Pull on the life force within living beings, causing them to heal or grow more vigorously (great for trying to grow crops when ash is always falling from the sky)

Feruchemy:

Store creativity

Store morality or conscience (knowing what is right and wrong)

Store wisdom (storing lots makes you insane, tapping lots of it lets you instantly figure out the best course of action for your goals)

Store emotions

Store fertility or virility (depending on whether you are female or male)

Looking forward to seeing your ideas! 

Edited by Gagylpus

• 2 weeks later...

One time, while running a demo of the Mistborn Adventure Game, the players were about to catch a bunch of bandits who were supposed to get away. Rather than allow Total Plot Derailment, I said, "So as it turns out, all of the bandits are titanium Ferrings. Titanium stores Plot. They tap Plot and get away... We've only got an hour left and I have two more scenes to run through. We can't go this far off the rails right now, sorry."

This has already been done in another thread.

Could you provide a link to this other thread, Stormgate? I searched through the forums before posting and could only find this topic, which I felt had a slightly different focus than the thread I created. (The linked thread was about EdroGrimshell developing a new set of metals with input from others. This thread that I posted is about everyone sharing new abilities that they think would make cool/interesting metallic powers, without trying to fit it into a certain structure.)

One time, while running a demo of the Mistborn Adventure Game, the players were about to catch a bunch of bandits who were supposed to get away. Rather than allow Total Plot Derailment, I said, "So as it turns out, all of the bandits are titanium Ferrings. Titanium stores Plot. They tap Plot and get away... We've only got an hour left and I have two more scenes to run through. We can't go this far off the rails right now, sorry."

That's hilarious

the decoy metals:

External-

push = projects an allomantic pulse to a point of origin that is not you

pull = changes someone else's allomantic signature (make a seeker think a pewterarm is a tineye)

Internal-

pull = Produces an allomantic pulse originating where you are...that stays there for a time after you leave

push = changes your own allomantic signature (make a seeker think you are a pewterarm)

Edited by hoidhunter

• Chaos locked this topic