I have the dumb

Medium

I realized, while reading RoW, that when humans came to Roshar from Ashyn, they probably came using the Cognitive Realm (Shadesmar)

How did I not realize this before hand, I thought they went through space or something, idk

Bruh, i have dum

YOU CAN'T HAVE MY DUMB!

Sorry for some reason that's what I thought when I read the title.

Also, they actually did not come from by the CR. Apparently whatever Ishar did with the Surges there allowed to use Transportation on entire countries.

Questioner

Did humans come to Roshar through Shadesmar?

Brandon Sanderson

It is technology or magic closer to how the Oathgates work. But it was like that. It's not canon but right now that's what I have. It's not canon because there are certain things I have to work out before that can work...

By the way I'll just say to the tape recording that I haven't canonized, like for instance if they traveled to Shadesmar to get to Shinovar from Ashyn. Right now I have that not being via Shadesmar, but the mechanics of that might not work out, and I might have to default to Shadesmar. So there's certain things, you'll see, where I say, "This isn't the canon answer, it's where I have things right now."

Overlord Jebus

So Urithiru might end up being a spaceship after all.

Brandon Sanderson

It's not that. Right now I have them using something closer to Oathgating, but it opens up a huge can of worms, when I'm not requiring direct-- When I'm sending through Spiritual Realm it opens up cans of worms, and I have to just make sure the mechanics on that are tight before I do it.

Emerald City Comic Con 2018 (March 1, 2018)

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

YOU CAN'T HAVE MY DUMB!

Sorry for some reason that's what I thought when I read the title.

Also, they actually did not come from by the CR. Apparently whatever Ishar did with the Surges there allowed to use Transportation on entire countries.

Give me your dumb, Mathiau, and I will give you smart.

Also Urithiru spaceship!? yoooo. but hrm this is a confusing topic.

3 hours ago, Theldragor said:

Give me your dumb, Mathiau, and I will give you smart.

Also Urithiru spaceship!? yoooo. but hrm this is a confusing topic.

It isn't in any current plans. But people have theorized it is a spaceship for a while, Brandon shot down any such theories though. Not even RAFO, just, no. 

22 hours ago, Zoey said:

It isn't in any current plans. But people have theorized it is a spaceship for a while, Brandon shot down any such theories though. Not even RAFO, just, no. 

These are pre-RoW theories.  We know from Kaladin that the Sibling literally is Urithiru.  Also, it was stated in an earlier book that Urithiru won be built in the place "closest to Honor" by ancient KRs.  Therefore it can't be a spaceship to bring humans to Roshar.

1 hour ago, Brgst13 said:

These are pre-RoW theories.  We know from Kaladin that the Sibling literally is Urithiru.  Also, it was stated in an earlier book that Urithiru won be built in the place "closest to Honor" by ancient KRs.  Therefore it can't be a spaceship to bring humans to Roshar.

Oh, I know. It was basically disproven as far back as Way of Kings, yeah. I never bought into the spaceship theory.

15 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

*and the plot thickens, folks*

what plot

i don't remember a plot to this

7 minutes ago, Theldragor said:

Do you have Dumb for me, Pancakes? That you will trade for Smart?

dude why do you want very ones dumb