Tin coumpounding

FictionSpren

10 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

I won't lie this is the first time I have heard the term but I am super intrigued.  I always thought atium simply enhanced the mental speed to be able to make up for seeing the future.   This idea you have put forth makes me question that a bit.  

Yeah but I’m saying atium increases proprioception among other things. It 100% increases mental speed and comprehension of what’s going on, it says so in WoA I think, so don’t hang off my words too much I’m speculating. 

5 minutes ago, FictionSpren said:

Yeah but I’m saying atium increases proprioception among other things. It 100% increases mental speed and comprehension of what’s going on, it says so in WoA I think, so don’t hang off my words too much I’m speculating. 

I was thinking on it.  I feel like atium would straight up break your brain if you weren't getting help from some mental speed.  

Do any of the others give out mental speed?  Electrum or gold?  Did Malatium give mental speed?   Or is it specific to atium?  Is it specific to the combination of future and other people?  I  would imagine that malatium being an alloy of atium and gold would have to give some mental speed as well.  

Then on the atium topic there is the real possibility that atium itself is an alloy and we haven't even seen the base effects of the god metal.  

Back to tin compounding and gaining future sight.  The sight of the future of everyone else in the world would break the brain without the mental speed but what about electrum?  Would it not break the brain?   If you paired tin compounding with zinc compounding via spikes or medallions with it would you be able to reach a nearly infinite atium burn?   

I feel like seeing your own future would be more mind melting (since it changes so frequently and there are so many shadows to see) than the single shadow of atium vs non atium.  Why then does atium need the mental boost?   If it is to be able to process the shadows when atium vs atium makes an explosion of shadows wouldn't Vins mind have melted away everytime she used electrum vs atium or was it that her enemies simply didn't have the sense to stop paying attention to many shadows dancing in their faces with their enhanced mental abilities? 

1 minute ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

I was thinking on it.  I feel like atium would straight up break your brain if you weren't getting help from some mental speed.  

Do any of the others give out mental speed?  Electrum or gold?  Did Malatium give mental speed?   Or is it specific to atium?  Is it specific to the combination of future and other people?  I  would imagine that malatium being an alloy of atium and gold would have to give some mental speed as well.  

Well Malatium is incomprehensible because when you see your future shadow it changes what you will do so I don’t know if any additional mental speed would help in the regard though it could still be an effect malatium gives and then that’s another thing that balances the scales when fighting someone with atium vs Malatium. 

3 minutes ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

I feel like seeing your own future would be more mind melting (since it changes so frequently and there are so many shadows to see) than the single shadow of atium vs non atium.  Why then does atium need the mental boost?   If it is to be able to process the shadows when atium vs atium makes an explosion of shadows wouldn't Vins mind have melted away everytime she used electrum vs atium or was it that her enemies simply didn't have the sense to stop paying attention to many shadows dancing in their faces with their enhanced mental abilities? 

Again this is the amount of shadows becoming incomprehensible, meaning the atium is essentially nullified but because there’s so much going on i would think you could all but ignore the effect, especially since it’s emphasised their shadows not like renarins vision shananagins. 
We also know that gold isn’t the same future sight as atium or Malatium, it’s a different kind. It’s personal foresight where the only person affected is you so maybe it’s less mind melting.

It’s actually quite likely all the metals have some inate enhancements on the mind for the Misting/Mistborn to be able to use them. For instance a normal non-invested human brain would likely not be able to use the metal lines as effectively as Vin or Kelsier. Similarly no human could handle a pewter drag without the enhanced balance.
Also when thinking about furture sight and mental effects in Allomancy we need to remember Feruchemy is actually a different art. It draws parallels and uses very similar fuels/vessels for its investiture but it is different. A-tin sight dulls the mists and allows for vision in little to no light, F-tin is better long distance vision or seeing fine details. 
So there’s a lot going on here which can have very different effects used in seperate ways.