Callandor

TypicalShard

1) Objects can in fact hold or manipulate the One Power, that's pretty much what ter'angreal do. There's even a particular subset of ter'angreal whose entire purpose is to store the Power, though they don't get mentioned until late in the series.

2) The glow is to all appearances a visual representation of the sheer amount of Power that its wielder can channel, there are enough instances of the Power described in terms of glowing that it's not surprising a powerful amplifier artifact might also glow as it does its thing.

3) The giant statute sa'angreal also glow really really brightly when they're used. I don't recall if the access key ter'angreal glow as well.

Edited by Weltall

10 minutes ago, Weltall said:

1) Objects can in fact hold or manipulate the One Power, that's pretty much what ter'angreal do. There's even a particular subset of ter'angreal whose entire purpose is to store the Power, though they don't get mentioned until late in the series.

2) The glow is to all appearances a visual representation of the sheer amount of Power that its wielder can channel, there are enough instances of the Power described in terms of glowing that it's not surprising a powerful amplifier artifact might also glow as it does its thing.

3) The giant statute sa'angreal also glow really really brightly when they're used. I don't recall if the access key ter'angreal glow as well.

I don't know how I forgot about the Well Nynaeve has. I just remember Moraine telling Egwene in the first book that objects don't hold the power but then again I might be miss remembering. 

1 hour ago, TypicalShard said:

I just remember Moraine telling Egwene in the first book that objects don't hold the power but then again I might be miss remembering. 

I haven't reread EotW in some time so it's possible she did say something like that and I'm not recalling it. It's also quite possible that either Moiraine didn't know about Wells at that point (being the most obvious 'objects that hold Power') or, more likely, RJ hadn't nailed down the magic system yet.