What happened in the prologue of tWoK?

After Rhythm of War, the prologue of tWoK carries an entirely new meaning.

Not only did Brandon name-drop Kelsier, but we now know that Gavilar was fully aware of Kelsier.  "You can tell Thaidakar that he's too late".  What does this mean?

Gavilar hands the sphere of anti-Voidlight to Szeth and tells him that "they" must not find it.  I'm going to assume that Gavilar is talking about the Ghostbloods when he says "they".  Given what we know about Kelsier's goals as well as the goals of the Ghostbloods, I'm trying to figure out why anti-Light would be of importance to them.

Why would Gavilar think that the Ghostbloods should not be allowed to discover anti-Investiture or how to create it?  Why would Kelsier even want anti-Investiture?  Does he want to make a bomb?  Could converting Investiture into anti-Investiture allow for it to be freely transferred between worlds?  Was Gavilar even referencing the Ghostbloods when he said "they", or was he referencing the Parshendi?  So many questions...  I think I'm looking forward to book 5's prologue more than the book itself.

Well, the ghostbloods wanted two things that we know of.

1. Control over outgoing investiture from Roshar.

2. A way to remove Connection from investiture to move it and cognitive shadows away from their home systems.

If we can assume that Gavilar was able to accomplish something, and put it in motion before the ghostbloods, we have to look at which of these would be possible.

First is sending investiture from Roshar into shadesmar. This is only possible through a perpendicularity. At the time, the only existing/active shardpool was the one in the horneater peaks, cultivation's. Seeing as it's very unlikely that Gavilar could have set up an entire operation up there when the horneaters are still chilling in the peaks, this is unlikely.

The second option has to do with removing Connection. Likely, anti-investiture may be key to removing Connection from regular investiture. There may be a way to use them together without causing an instant reaction.

The last option is that Gavilar was able to accomplish something that makes their assassination attempt moot. Considering that Navani's prologue had a ton of stuff about Gavilar "living forever" and him "not being able to die", he may still be alive somewhere as a CS without connection.

5 hours ago, Ba-Ado-Fisherman said:

Not only did Brandon name-drop Kelsier, but we now know that Gavilar was fully aware of Kelsier.  "You can tell Thaidakar that he's too late".  What does this mean?

I think this means he’s already cracked the code to CS and is still alive...

Stop him for cracking the code

The entire Cosmere is probably afraid of Gavilar because of his discoveries

(assuming Kelsier knew about A-Light which I think is likely)

Edited by Bejardin1250