Random Life Pro Tips

Bridge-Four

Hi, post those LPTs you have been collecting here! I'd love to see them.

I'll give you one.

If you are standing or walking and you instantly want to improve your posture, just squeeze your butt. Improves posture and keeps the spine healthy in the long term.

Send me some of yours.

• 1 month later...

Great topic for a thread @Bridge-Four - let's get this one going again!

@Spren of Kindness - I clean my glasses with dish soap too, & always shake off the rinse water, never wipe them: the key to keeping scratch-free!:)

Here's my best LPT: To always keep your keys handy and remove any risk of dropping them, put a clip like the picture below onto your keyring. The loop (on the right side of the image) goes onto your keyring, then you use the clip to secure your keys: you can hook it to your beltloop, a zipper pull, your purse or backpack or wallet, or even a wrist wrap.

ClipForKeyring.PNG.bb8be4e12c386c82f3855a3a7a0d0c22.PNG

This is so handy, and it's cheap and easy as well: Just buy an inexpensive keyring that has one of these clips, then transfer the clip from there to your own keyring and throw the other one away. Where I live, these are sold everywhere, like drug stores, discount stores, etc.

Hope you all find this helpful!:D

Whenever you're boiling potatoes (like to make mashed potatoes), put a bay leaf in the water while they're cooking. (You throw the bay leaf away when you dump the water out - they're big & easy to find.) I was amazed at this trick the first time I tried it - I bet you will be too. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 6:09 PM, Iarwainiel I said:

Whenever you're boiling potatoes (like to make mashed potatoes), put a bay leaf in the water while they're cooking. (You throw the bay leaf away when you dump the water out - they're big & easy to find.) I was amazed at this trick the first time I tried it - I bet you will be too. :-)

What does the bay leaf do?

On 7/15/2021 at 5:47 PM, Danex said:

What does the bay leaf do?

It is a herb, and it adds more flavor. If you've ever had mashed potatoes at a Boston Market restaurant and wondered why they taste so good, this is why. (I never worked there, but the taste is unmistakable.) A package of bay leaves is pretty cheap - like $3? - so it's not a lot of $$ wasted if you don't like it. You can find them in the spice section of your local grocery store. Hope you give it a go! :)

• 6 months later...