Guardians of the Prophet

Mystic Syn

14 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Did... Did you just...? Walk up slowly and threaten us? Us, the Guardians of the prophet, appointed by the leader of this city? In the middle of the street no less?" She seems genuinely confused.

Belle stopped walking and turned back as the shady guy took a threatening step towards them and said. "Just answer the question. I'm not a very patient person."

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Belle stopped walking and turned back as the shady guy took a threatening step towards them and said. "Just answer the question. I'm not a very patient person."

"You do also realize you're fighting three of the Talented, right? I don't think it would be in your best interest to fight us."

13 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"You do also realize you're fighting three of the Talented, right? I don't think it would be in your best interest to fight us."

"I don't think I'm the one who needs to worry." The tall shady guy said as equally shady guys, who were originally hidden by the crowd, circled them.

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"I don't think I'm the one who needs to worry." The tall shady guy said as equally shady guys, who were originally hidden by the crowd, circled them.

"Excuse me." Hyn peered around the others, giving a small smile and wave. "Hello there. Are you sure that there isn't a more peaceful way to settle this? I represent the Counselor Monks, and I hope that name will hold some meaning as to not attack us...?"

19 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Excuse me." Hyn peered around the others, giving a small smile and wave. "Hello there. Are you sure that there isn't a more peaceful way to settle this? I represent the Counselor Monks, and I hope that name will hold some meaning as to not attack us...?"

"Sure, sure, so long as you tell me what you know about the new prophet. I'm on a...mission." The shady guy said.

Belle snuck back towards the group, laying low and keeping an eye on the shady guy.

"Sure, sure, so long as you tell me what you know about the new prophet. I'm on a...mission." The shady guy said.

“Oh, uhm. Yeah, about that...” She scratched the back of her head. “We aren’t entirely sure who the new Prophet even is. High Autarch Tradge believes that they’re somewhere here in the city, but there’s no solid evidence. Then again, it’s the only lead we have so that’s why the monks sent me as an ‘ambassador.’”

45 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“Oh, uhm. Yeah, about that...” She scratched the back of her head. “We aren’t entirely sure who the new Prophet even is. High Autarch Tradge believes that they’re somewhere here in the city, but there’s no solid evidence. Then again, it’s the only lead we have so that’s why the monks sent me as an ‘ambassador.’”

"And you expect me to believe that?"

5 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"And you expect me to believe that?"

“Believe what you will, but you asked and I gave you all the information I have.” Hyn gestured to herself. “I’m a Counselor Monk. If I were to know anything, besides knowing not to talk with idiots who obviously can’t tell when one is telling the truth, it would be about the Prophet.”

She raised her hands, shrugging. “But believe what you will,” she said. “After all, I’m just a monk that knows the answers to the questions you have. So, if it’s anyone’s fault that you don’t have any information or leads of what ‘mission’ you’re on, it would be yours since you decided not to believe the person you asked, who specifically knows more about the Prophet than what anyone else in this city. Honestly, you would think that people like you would have learned to at least consider what one has to say before making assumptions about whether or not they’re true.”

On 5/23/2021 at 0:56 AM, Mystic Syn said:

“Believe what you will, but you asked and I gave you all the information I have.” Hyn gestured to herself. “I’m a Counselor Monk. If I were to know anything, besides knowing not to talk with idiots who obviously can’t tell when one is telling the truth, it would be about the Prophet.”

She raised her hands, shrugging. “But believe what you will,” she said. “After all, I’m just a monk that knows the answers to the questions you have. So, if it’s anyone’s fault that you don’t have any information or leads of what ‘mission’ you’re on, it would be yours since you decided not to believe the person you asked, who specifically knows more about the Prophet than what anyone else in this city. Honestly, you would think that people like you would have learned to at least consider what one has to say before making assumptions about whether or not they’re true.”

"Well, you see, accusing you of lying has shown most useful as you have some inconsistencies in your speech. You see, before you said that you didn't have any information on the new prophet, yet now you say that you know more about the prophet than anyone else in the city. You only came to this city on a whim from your leader. How is knowing nothing about the new prophet more than what everyone else in the city knows?"

On 5/24/2021 at 5:15 PM, Isabelle6060 said:

"Well, you see, accusing you of lying has shown most useful as you have some inconsistencies in your speech. You see, before you said that you didn't have any information on the new prophet, yet now you say that you know more about the prophet than anyone else in the city. You only came to this city on a whim from your leader. How is knowing nothing about the new prophet more than what everyone else in the city knows?"

On 5/25/2021 at 10:31 AM, Random Bystander said:

Taniala was frozen in shock for a few moments, before lithely springing forward and punching him in the stomach.

"The only reason there were 'inconsistencies' in my speech is because that is all I know, since everyone in the city and perhaps the world have their own idea of what the new Prophet is doing, who they might be, or where they are; whereas I know that no one knows exactly where they are. The only person that the Monks can really trust to have at least a shred of knowledge of where the Prophet is... well, is High Autarch Tradge, since he has never failed us before, and we are meant to help the leaders of the nations of the world when the Prophet is not available and––"

She was cut off when Taniala punched the man in the stomach. Her eyebrows raised a bit, her eyes widening. "Oh, I see. Stalling would only get me so far with this stubborn idiot," she said, rolling her eyes as she pulled out her staff.

On 5/25/2021 at 0:31 PM, Random Bystander said:

Taniala was frozen in shock for a few moments, before lithely springing forward and punching him in the stomach.

The shady guy stumbled back, but quickly regained footing and swung his sword at her head, signaling for his men to attack. 

3 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

"The only reason there were 'inconsistencies' in my speech is because that is all I know, since everyone in the city and perhaps the world have their own idea of what the new Prophet is doing, who they might be, or where they are; whereas I know that no one knows exactly where they are. The only person that the Monks can really trust to have at least a shred of knowledge of where the Prophet is... well, is High Autarch Tradge, since he has never failed us before, and we are meant to help the leaders of the nations of the world when the Prophet is not available and––"

She was cut off when Taniala punched the man in the stomach. Her eyebrows raised a bit, her eyes widening. "Oh, I see. Stalling would only get me so far with this stubborn idiot," she said, rolling her eyes as she pulled out her staff.

About seven other guys, who had surrounded the group brought out swords and attacked. One in particular swiped at the Monk's staff, trying to cut it into two.

The shady guy stumbled back, but quickly regained footing and swung his sword at her head, signaling for his men to attack. 

About seven other guys, who had surrounded the group brought out swords and attacked. One in particular swiped at the Monk's staff, trying to cut it into two.

Hyn jumped back, raising her eyebrow at the sudden and sloppy swing. "The gangs have gotten worse ever since I left," she said with a hint of mock sadness.

Without saying anything else, she smoothly jabbed the person in the stomach who made a move to slice her staff. Backing off, Hyn fell into a low stance, watching everyone around her carefully as she smiled.

Salkara continued to hurriedly write.
Salkara's staff unhooked itself from her pack and rose into the air, and began following Salkara's command to attack her adversaries, who were engaging with her nearby allies right now.
The grammar was... questionable, but it didn't really matter at the moment.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, Mystic Syn said:

Hyn jumped back, raising her eyebrow at the sudden and sloppy swing. "The gangs have gotten worse ever since I left," she said with a hint of mock sadness.

Without saying anything else, she smoothly jabbed the person in the stomach who made a move to slice her staff. Backing off, Hyn fell into a low stance, watching everyone around her carefully as she smiled.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:35 AM, Mystic Syn said:

“I have my own problems,” Hyn growled, hitting another man hard against the head, downing him in seconds.

The shady leader guy came after Hyn, sword at the ready with his warrior speed.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, The Unknown Order said:

Huzh and his gang walked forward as they pulled out knives and various other small weapons. Once they got close, they entered the fray.

One of the guys punched Huzh in the face then moved to stab him with a sword. 

7 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

The shady leader guy came after Hyn, sword at the ready with his warrior speed.

Hyn gave a smug smile and easily sidestepped the charging man, jabbing her staff into the backs of his knees, causing the man to fall forward.

“Oh, Talents!” she exclaimed, sarcasm peeking through when she put a hand over her mouth. “I hope that didn’t hurt–– oh, wait a second, you don’t care about what I say. I would hate to waste your time with the lies that come from my mouth.”

On 6/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, Mystic Syn said:

Hyn gave a smug smile and easily sidestepped the charging man, jabbing her staff into the backs of his knees, causing the man to fall forward.

“Oh, Talents!” she exclaimed, sarcasm peeking through when she put a hand over her mouth. “I hope that didn’t hurt–– oh, wait a second, you don’t care about what I say. I would hate to waste your time with the lies that come from my mouth.”

The shady guy stood up and growled. He pulled out a gun and leveled it at Hyn's head, finger on the trigger. "Enough of these games. You will come with me." 

A couple of other guys began to circled Hyn.

2 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

The shady guy stood up and growled. He pulled out a gun and leveled it at Hyn's head, finger on the trigger. "Enough of these games. You will come with me." 

Suddenly, Salkara's staff whips around Hyn's neck and careens directly into the shady guy's forehead with a distinct WHAP. It had risen off of Salkara's pack and began attacking just as it had been Written to.

15 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

13 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Suddenly, Salkara's staff whips around Hyn's neck and careens directly into the shady guy's forehead with a distinct WHAP. It had risen off of Salkara's pack and began attacking just as it had been Written to.

"Thanks for the kind offer," Hyn said, readying her staff, "but I'm going to have to decline. Wouldn't want to waste your time with my meditation and lies."

She looked back at the person who had thrown the staff––Salkara––smirked, then gave her a mock salute in gratitude. Hyn proceeded to level her staff, and began smacking everyone around her square in the head.