Vivenna's perception of Siri vs. Siri's reality

ProfetessaOscura

I really, really liked Viv's chapters far more than Siri's.  I kind of rolled my eyes over how she immediately goes full on Disney Princess with Susebron.  Vivenna's foolhardy efforts of heroism hit more at home to me, and I liked that she didn't go on being a political pawn for anybody.  I dislike arranged marriages in novels, but Brandon Sanderson usually slows down to let some development happen between the two involved, but I really didn't feel like that development happened between Siri and Susebron.

Still, here you go.  I saw this today and realized that it is the best summary of the two sisters' plot points/personalities that I've ever seen.

Image may contain: text that says 'Summary of Warbreaker: Vivenna: oh no! Poor siri! She must be so frightened and miserable right now! (Cut to siri dancing on a table in a crop top with susebron while lightsong chants SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS and hoid belts out don't stop believing on a karaoke machine in the background)'

1 hour ago, Spren of Kindness said:

It really is.  I really get Vivenna's thought process too - she's a big sister, and she's trying to protect her little sister.  But Siri doesn't need as much protection as Vivenna thinks she does.  She's grown up, she's not a little girl anymore.

I mean... Siri was given up by her father to be the sacrificial lamb, into a place where, coincidentally, she was dead-set to be killed off.  So... big sister's vibe was actually pretty on point, lol.

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

I mean... Siri was given up by her father to be the sacrificial lamb, into a place where, coincidentally, she was dead-set to be killed off.  So... big sister's vibe was actually pretty on point, lol.

Well, yes.  My bad, I'm horrible at voicing things.