Nicrosil on Roshar

Silverblade5

I'm pretty sure it would Flare Stormlight. Honorblade style, maybe, where their Blades use Stormlight far faster, but boost the power of what is happening.

As for the Fabrial, dunno. It would probably flare investiture, so make the Spren act fast and powerfully, in a heat-fabrial for example it might turn it into a microwave type thing. But my gut feeling is that this would either release, or hurt, the Spren, or both.

I'd love to see what Duralumin and Chromium do too. I find all 4 Spiritual metals interesting but especially Chromium.

A Nicroburst should have the same effect on any reserve-based power : if you try to use it, you use all of it

As for Fabrials, I guess Nicrosil would be necessary for these surge fabrials Brandon teased us about, Duralumin to probably

Although Brandon confirmed frabrials use Cultivation's magic system which, like all Rosharan magic system, is divided in ten yes even Odium's one seriously how can he be blind enough not to see corrupted windsprens are still WINDsprens so it's possible there are only 10 fabrials metal, and they may not even be a subset of the allomantic 16 (remember that wob about silver being important in the Cosmere?). Of course the 10 could be referring to the 10 gemstones or even something we can't know about yet.

Maybe normal fabrials are actually hacking the magic system because they use metal that isn’t spren. Ancient fabrials have something to do with rhythms and willing spren. Ancient fabrials are the one following a base ten system with ten types, while newer fabrials are combined with a base sixteen system that can be combined to make thousands of types. It’s like if they discovered compounding and Hemalurgy before Feruchemy and Alomancy.

I saw this post on reddit https://old.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/k85ww4/row_translation_of_the_womens_script_from_row/ and it's a translation from the pictures in RoW.

OP says "The ruby on the pommel of Raboniel's Soul Harvesting Dagger is almost certainly housed in nicrosil -- which is an alloy of chromium and nickel and has the feruchemical property of [Mistborn Era 2] storing investiture -- and Raboniel is absolutely lying about its importance to the dagger's function. I think she is specifically throwing Navani off the trail when she says it's a silver-nickel alloy. Definitely worth noting that Raboniel specifically says Navani is wise not to trust her on this same page."

It may be the case that they're using the feruchemical properties of nicrosil in the dagger but I'm not sure how that would work unless it was an unkeyed metalmind

5 minutes ago, FrostiiBeren said:

It may be the case that they're using the feruchemical properties of nicrosil in the dagger but I'm not sure how that would work unless it was an unkeyed metalmind

I think they're using it's hemalurgic property, I mean you need to pierce people for it to work (and Brandon confirmed there was a way to use it on spren and it technically did not necessitate blood)

55 minutes ago, FrostiiBeren said:

@mathiau I didn't even think of that! Very good point. There's so much we don't know about hemalurgy I need more cosmere books asap. 

It would be strange for Raboniel to lie about a metal that Navani has never heard of but obviously Navani could learn more from Hoid/worldhoppers.

Isn't the lie more that the metal is unimportant?

A Fused touched by someone burning nicrosil would most likely just burn through their Voidlight resources. I doubt anything else would happen, since we do know that Fused often run out of Voidlight.

A nicrosil caging would probably burn through all Investiture stored in the person affected by the fabrial? The dagger could have a nicrosil caging in order to drain the spren or person in it of Investiture. Since nicrosil is an external enhancement metal, it should work externally I'd say

2 hours ago, artifabrian longshadow said:

A Fused touched by someone burning nicrosil would most likely just burn through their Voidlight resources. I doubt anything else would happen, since we do know that Fused often run out of Voidlight.

A nicrosil caging would probably burn through all Investiture stored in the person affected by the fabrial? The dagger could have a nicrosil caging in order to drain the spren or person in it of Investiture. Since nicrosil is an external enhancement metal, it should work externally I'd say

Wouldn't that stuff be more Chromium?

2 minutes ago, IndigoAjah said:

Wouldn't that stuff be more Chromium?

Chromium is too much unfocused for us to seriously speculate on what it's effects would be in frabrials (by that I mean it's three known are different, and that's supposing we know what H-Chromium do)