I Think Stormlight is a Chicken

eissturm

Chicken, Wine, hound, and stormlight?  What do these all have in common?  Rosharan's have no idea what these thing's aren't.

Rhythm of War showed frequently how bad people are at identifying different types of Light, something we hadn't really gotten a good idea of before hand.  It seems to me like it might be possible that we're being set up for a Honorlight != pure Stormlight, and that Tanavast, in 'uplifting' the Stormfather, disrupted the 'alignment' of the Highstorm's Investiture and locking it to those Connected to Honor.

And this is what I think finally drove Cultivation to kill him.

57 minutes ago, eissturm said:

Chicken, Wine, hound, and stormlight?  What do these all have in common?  Rosharan's have no idea what these thing's aren't.

Rhythm of War showed frequently how bad people are at identifying different types of Light, something we hadn't really gotten a good idea of before hand.  It seems to me like it might be possible that we're being set up for a Honorlight != pure Stormlight, and that Tanavast, in 'uplifting' the Stormfather, disrupted the 'alignment' of the Highstorm's Investiture and locking it to those Connected to Honor.

You assume Cultivation killed him.

And the Stormfather always had a connection to Honor, though not always this strong.

1 hour ago, eissturm said:

WoB says Cultivation fought Odium alongside Honor.

18 hours ago, Ookla The Frustrated said:

You assume Cultivation killed him.

And the Stormfather always had a connection to Honor, though not always this strong.

I theorize that Cultivation is part of the "we" in "We killed you!" from the end of Oathbringer.  And we also do not know that the Stormfather always had a connection to Honor, we know that before Honor's death he was not as interested in the affairs of men, and Honor's death changed him (Oathbringer Chapter 38).

17 hours ago, seriodor said:

WoB says Cultivation fought Odium alongside Honor.

And there's nothing to say she didn't later change sides.  Think about it, her husband formed a pact trapping an evil monster in their yard, and made periodically ripping up the garden part of this beast's imprisonment.  If I were Cultivation, I would see the Oathpact and Honor's continued insistence on fighting Odium as the biggest barrier to peace on Roshar.

Edited by eissturm

4 minutes ago, eissturm said:

I theorize that Cultivation is part of the "we" in "We killed you!" from the end of Oathbringer.  And we also do not know that the Stormfather always had a connection to Honor, we know that before Honor's death he was not as interested in the affairs of men, and Honor's death changed him (Oathbringer Chapter 38).

Nightwatcher is of Cultivation Sibling is both pretty solid bet Stormfather is Honor

4 minutes ago, eissturm said:

And there's nothing to say she didn't later change sides.  Think about it, her husband formed a pact trapping an evil monster in their yard, and made periodically ripping up the garden part of this beast's imprisonment.  If I were Cultivation, I would see the Oathpact and Honor's continued insistence on fighting Odium as the biggest barrier to peace on Roshar.

So the answer is to murder your husband of thousands of years, possibly perminantly scarring and killing your child, and leaving Roshar almost defenceless.