Hello all!

Dellexe

Hey guys (and gals) of the 17th Shard!

I've been lurking for a while, and figured I might as well make an account.

I'm a big fan of the sci-fi/fantasy genre and really love Brandon Sanderson's books. After discovering the Cosmere while reading Words of Radiance he instantly became my favourite author. Since then, I've read just about all the Cosmere books (I'm missing a couple like The Emperor's Soul and the Mistborn Adventure Game books).

Some random things about me:
I like archery and want to learn longsword fencing.

I'm learning Video Game Design stuff right now (Self-taught right now, starting a real course in a few months).

I love the lore and history of fantasy/sci-fi universes and how they're made (Hence why I love the Cosmere stories so much).

I read a lot.

If I could have any Cosmere power set and live on any world I would be an Awakener and live on Sel.

I wonder how many people will know what my username is referencing...

Welcome to the fun bunch, Kal  :D

Is that picture of who I think it is...?

It could be. *shrugs*

Whilst I was creating this account I skimmed through Google Images to find a good profile picture. This was the one I liked the most, mostly because it makes me think of a character in a story I'm writing. It's not really written yet; I'm still world-building around the ideas I have.

So it could be a picture of who you think it is, but I really have no clue. Hah.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome!

No idea what your name could possibly be referencing, but welcome :D

Thanks for the welcome!

LISTEN YOU.

I may not have any archery training, but I was here first, so don't you go trying to steel my thunder!

I shall permit you to be my Hawkeye.

But I'll be keeping an eye on you.

If he's Hawkeye, wouldn't HE be the one keeping an eye on you?

Welcome, Kal Dell.

LISTEN YOU.

I may not have any archery training, but I was here first, so don't you go trying to steel my thunder!

I shall permit you to be my Hawkeye.

But I'll be keeping an eye on you.

I wonder what the bind point is to steal someone's thunder... Further research is necessary.

Fear not, noble archer, whatever glory I garner here will be my own.

If he's Hawkeye, wouldn't HE be the one keeping an eye on you?

Welcome, Kal Dell.

I like to keep an eye on everything.

Thanks for the welcome!

Well... When you had to pick a power, you chose Awakening. Anyone who recognises the supremacy of Warbreaker can't be all that bad.

(And... Sorry. Hope you realise I'm kidding; I'm gotten used to playing a sneaky, underhanded Knave-like person a, and it spills over sonetimes. Seriously though, welcome. Mind if I ask what you like to read besides Brandon?)

Well... When you had to pick a power, you chose Awakening. Anyone who recognises the supremacy of Warbreaker can't be all that bad.

(And... Sorry. Hope you realise I'm kidding; I'm gotten used to playing a sneaky, underhanded Knave-like person a, and it spills over sonetimes. Seriously though, welcome. Mind if I ask what you like to read besides Brandon?)

I realized it, haha. Don't worry. Thank for the welcome!

I read a lot of other sci-fi/fantasy books. My favourite author growing up was David Eddings (hint hint that's the inspiration for my name), so I've read all of his stuff about 10 times through (except High Hunt and Redemption of Althalus, never got around to those for some reason). I'm currently reading a Song of Ice and Fire and the Wheel of Time. I'm also a big fan of the Star Wars expanded universe, especially the Yuuzhan Vong war.

Warbreaker is pretty great. :D

I'm actually planning on making a game where you play as an Awakener for a video-game design course I'm taking next year.

I've barely worked on the story side at all; I've been mainly trying to piece together the ideas in my head to make good gameplay mechanics. What I'm currently leaning towards, story-wise, is that you're character is the son of a wealthy merchant who holds a large trading empire. Your family is at pseudo-war with a competing merchant family, and you have to sneak around trying to sabotage their trade empire whilst protecting yours.

Gameplay-wise, it'll be a third person ARPG with combat mechanics combining aspects from the Witcher series and the Assassin's Creed series. You'll navigate the city through parkour and other Awakener methods (using ropes to pull yourself to places, Awakened pants to boost jump distance, etc.) I'm considering throwing in Hemalurgy as a way to steal Breath from foes to strengthen yourself (some kind of finisher move where you kill them by harvesting their breath with a spike), but I'm not sure how to work in Hemalurgy as a believable part of the world.

Wow, that post was longer than I thought it'd be.