Captain Colors

Aletus

Did I miss something from the serialized chapters? I admit I started immediately at the interludes following part one, and it's been a few weeks since I have read those first chapters. 

Where is Vasher through everything that went down?

I don't think Zahel is shown on screen again after his chapter with Kaladin. Adolin mentions him to Kaladin when he leaves for Shadesmar and thinks of him in kata-related sequences, and Nightblood mentions him once in Szeth's interlude.

I didn't find any mention of ardents specifically in Chapter 27 when the coalition armies leave. I still assume that's where he went, since it would seem that he'd be relevant otherwise during the tower occupation.

Probably not contributing. His whole discussion with Kaladin is about how he retired because he hates fighting now. Sees it as pointless, wants to quit, left for the Ardents. When Kal was complaining about being sidelined, Zahel's response was "great, not your problem anymore, enjoy."

So regardless of where he is - in Emul or in the Tower - it's perfectly in-character for him to just not do anything.

I kept thinking about this the whole time! The one person with fully functioning magic in the urithiru occupation, and the book made it clear early on he can still use i and is not trying ot hide it, I was wondering if he's gonna come to play in the battle, and expecting that even if he wouldn't (and that could be a little too deus-ex-machina for a series meant to focus on rosharans) he would at least, like, be mentioned.

But the option that he's napping through it all/ Making grouchy noises and not helping just out of Don't Care Let Me Do My Chores IS v hilarious so like, I like how it turned out.