Feruchemist in Prolouge

Theoryspren

My thinking that the guy is there hoping to research Fabrials. Like given what we now know about Fabrials and Metals, even the a basic amount of knowledge of the subject would get some pretty significant gears turning in the mind of anyone from Scadrial. If so, it's Navani that he's hoping to get close to, not Gavilar. 

Which, now that I say it like that, would be a pretty great counterpoint to the way Gavilar belittles Navani in the prologue; despite his posturing, his significance to the Cosmere as a whole was just that he was married to somebody who knows important things. 

Edited by Gilphon

2 hours ago, Gilphon said:

My thinking that the guy is there hoping to research Fabrials. Like given what we now know about Fabrials and Metals, even the a basic amount of knowledge of the subject would get some pretty significant gears turning in the mind of anyone from Scadrial. If so, it's Navani that he's hoping to get close to, not Gavilar. 

Which, now that I say it like that, would be a pretty great counterpoint to the way Gavilar belittles Navani in the prologue; despite his posturing, his significance to the Cosmere as a whole was just that he was married to somebody who knows important things. 

That would be some storming fine poetic justice indeed.

Now I kind of want Hoid to sneakily hint at the metals having other purposes to get the gears turning in Navani's mind, and consequently finding out some additional effects.