Make your own Knights Radiant Order

Danthemystic

Name: Sparkwrights

Spren: Axonspren

Axonspren resemble tiny spheres of plum, lilac, and indigo in the Physical Realm. They appear everywhere inhabited, but their size scales with the size of the atoms that cause their manifestation. In the Cognitive Realm, they look like humanoid beings with faintly purple and otherwise stark white skin, bright reddish-purple lips, nails, etc., and similarly bright blueish-purple hair in wild, glowing strands that resemble (but are not) lightning. They are unintelligent even in the Cognitive Realm when unbound due to how rare the knowledge of axi is in modern Roshar.

Ideals:

• First Ideal: Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
  • Second Ideal: I will reshape myself into the person who is needed.
  • Third Ideal: I will rebuild what has been destroyed and relearn what has been forgotten.
  • Fourth Ideal: I will invent and innovate anew, lest stagnation begin again.
  • Fifth Ideal: I will leave behind a world better than the one I was born into.

Surges: Cohesion & Adhesion

Other Characteristics:
      The Resonance of their surges alters the manifestation of their surges, just as the resonance of Tension and Adhesion (and the raw power of the Stormfather) causes those surges to manifest differently in a Bondsmith than in a Stoneward or a Windrunner.
      Without the similarly Cognitive nature of Illumination or Transportation to accompany Transformation and with the less Cognitive and more Spiritual nature of the Connection formed by Cohesion, Sparkwrights do not typically consciously see into Shadesmar when Soulcasting, though people like Rock would. Rather, they Connect to their target via their Spiritual aspect without any communication, overcoming the Cognitive aspect of their target with force of will and Stormlight only. This means they take even longer to learn Transformation than it being their clockwise Surge would suggest; however, it also means that once they are practiced enough to make it work, they can more readily Soulcast than all but the most skilled (i.e. Jasnah) of other orders.
      Without the surge of Tension to alter the flexibility and hardness of material and with the surge of Soulcasting to offer its less physically direct approach to matter, Cohesion is very different for a Sparkwright. Essentially, Cohesion is to them an easier form of Transformation. Rather than demanding that the Cognitive aspect of an object change its Essence(s), you merely change its shape, no physical interaction required. Causing two objects to merge together in this fashion is harder, but not impossible. Separating two things that have come to consider themselves as one is just one step below true Soulcasting.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:08 AM, The Technovore said:

lol nice pfp. Welcome to the Shard :P

Order's Name: Realmbreachers
Order's Spren: Cytospren 

Ideals

Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination

I will find the secrets that others will not see.

I will explore the worlds others cannot discern.

Any Oaths beyond this have never been recorded, as every Radiant that has progressed to Oath 3 inevitably disappears, never to be seen again.

Surges: Gravitation, Abrasion. (surprised no one's done this combo yet. It's gnarly.

So...basically a worldhopper order...I like it 

(also the cytospren reminded me of Skyward lmao)

Any Oaths beyond this have never been recorded, as every Radiant that has progressed to Oath 3 inevitably disappears, never to be seen again.

Yep, sounds just about right

Edited by caramel_

Your Order’s name: Stormhackers

Your Order’s spren: Valorspren

Your ideals: #2 "I will do what is expected of me" #3 "I will prioritize others before myself"

Stormhacker oaths are themed toward valor, loyalty, and putting their duty and other people before themselves. (I can't really think of specific ideals for them right now)

Your Surges: Transportation, Illumination

Characteristics:

- Stormhackers tend to set high expectations for themselves (especially when it comes to securing the wellbeing of the nation and its people). This is why they usually accept or take on tasks that will challenge them.

- They are extremely loyal to their allies, even if it's someone they dislike. They tend to be straightforward and make sure the task is seen finished, even if it meant using unconventional means (but if they think it's going too far, they will back down when enough is enough)

- Stormhackers generally prefer supervising rather than leading, but if someone more suited to do so wasn't around, they'd take up leadership until they could be relieved of the position.

- They aren't very fighter-type, but they do a fair amount of fighting. Stormhackers are generally more suited to tasks related to politics and battle strategy--basically anything that isn't bloodshed on a battlefield. 

- They put others before themselves, seeing to it that they are safe and protected. 

Your Order's name: Pastkeepers

Your Order's spren: Archivespren

Ideals: 

• Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  • I will preserve what I have found
  • I will search for what we have lost
  • I will share my knowledge with others when it is needed
  • I will remember the present and keep it for the future

Surges: Transportation, Illumination

Characteristics: Pastkeepers seek to preserve the knowledge of cultures, creatures, notable events, etc. They record their travels or discoveries through the use of journaling, incorporating it into songs or stories, paintings, or any way that it could be stored for later generations. Pastkeepers seek to remember both major and minor events, as they think that everything in life matters, even the smallest things. When seeking answers, or simply looking for something to discover, Pastkeepers prefer the first-hand experience. This order would attract all sorts of inquisitive people--whether it's a scholar or an adventurer. 

Edited by caramel_

Order: Waycrafters

Spren: Paperspren

Ideals: 

1. Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
  2. I will improve those around me.
  3. I will preserve what is needed and change what is unfit.
  4. I will seek the greatest effect from the smallest change.
  5. I will strive for perfection.

Surges: Adhesion, Transformation

Characteristics:

Waycrafters have a strong affinity for rules, but unlike the Skybreakers their interest lies in creation and adjustment over strict adherence. Waycrafters seek the optimum solution, the shortest path, by understanding the systems around them and identifying faults and fixes. If a Waycrafter finds injustice or evil, they are more likely to alter the causes of the problem than to confront it directly. Waycrafters believe in an ideal solution, and strive to make it real.

At their best, Waycrafters enhance the entire team. They will find and improve what works, and eliminate what does not; they coordinate and encourage, communicate well, and have few personal hang-ups. At their worst, they are overbearing control freaks trampling over individuality in pursuit of optimisation; though they bear few grudges and forgive easily, they also expect the same from others, and can be harsh or insensitive.

Waycrafters make excellent lawmakers, logisticians, quartermasters, bureaucrats, engineers, and scholars.

Resonance:

Waycrafters are capable of Soulcasting with a much finer degree of control than usual, at the expense of raw power and scale. Materials that are difficult for other Soulcasters to create are much more accessible to Waycrafters, and they can exert some small influence over the shape and pattern of the Soulcast object, especially if they have an example to work from. Waycrafters are particularly good at transmuting a material to another within the same Essence - one metal to another, for example.