Reading Rainbow's Kickstarter

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume that a fan site to an author is going to have a person or two who likes to read. If I am correct and you do exist, I wonder what your opinion is on the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter? I think it's great, I loved the show as a kid and think all kids should be encouraged to read. My one concern is that I think the app's subscription is priced a bit high at $10 a month.   

For those that don't know Reading Rainbow is a kids show that ran from 1983 to 2006. It was hosted by LeVar Burton and was intended to encourage children to read. After cancellation by PBS the show was bought by Burton's company RRKIDZ  who turned it into an iTunes app. They have now started a fundraising drive through Kickstarter in order to expand the app into a web based program that will have special support for educators who want to use the material in their classrooms. The drive started on May 28, 2014 and raised their initial goal of 1 million dollars in under twelve hours. They are now working on their first stretch goal of 5 million dollars, which will increase the number of schools that receive the program for free as well as insure that the program is able to be ported to a variety of other devices.  

If this has piqued your interest and you want to know more check out the link below. But you don't have to take my word on it...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

RR is one of those shows that seemed like it had existed forever when I was young. I'm not sure that I have a favorite episode, but I still remember being amazed and a little disappointed by the Star Trek episode. I think that was the first time I saw special effects explained, and I was really sad to learn that the doors weren't real. I knew all the high tech stuff was fake, but I didn't think the doors would be a couple of plywood sheets that were hand opened and closed.

On a side note the Kickstarter is now past 3 million, that's a million a day. Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the right profession. 

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume that a fan site to an author is going to have a person or two who likes to read. 

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I happen to be listening to a song called 'Shot in the Dark'...