Burning question

Anymouse

Hey guys!

I've been a Brandon Sanderson fan for a while now - and I love reading up on the Cosmere theories here. However, I've never felt the desire to become a member or post anything here. UNTIL NOW.

Recently my wife got me hardback (signed!) copies of the Mistborn series and I've started re-reading them. However, for some reason when I read the title of the first book again something happened in my brain and all I could think of was this song:

The Final Countdown

With the words changed to The Final Empire.... Now I can't even start thinking of the book without that song playing in my head - It's the FII-NAL EMP-IRE!! Da-na-naaa-naa. Da-nu-du-dun-dun.

Just curious if anyone else has had the same musical surge-binding going on in their head.

So I'm assuming you've read at least the mistborn trilogy and SA?

what else?

Also, welcome to the forums.

I'd recommend reading through the fun threads, in particular the Social Clubs etc group of the board, as well as threads such asYou Know You're A Sanderfan When,  Cosmere Puns and Cosmere Hogwarts under the General Brandon Discussion board.

And if you're a Spook fan, also check out the Eastern Street Slang/High Imperial dedicated thread here

Credit to Delightful for the the recommendation 

Well Kurkistan, at least someone else can now suffer as I do. In fact, now if movies of the Mistborn series are ever made I'm going to have to start a petition that when the Lord Ruler is introduced - it's done as he is walking in slow motion to that song.

I've read all of Sanderson's books except Words of Radiance and Steelhart (haven't gotten those yet). I'm super excited to dive into Words of Radiance though.

Any recommendations of author's with styles similar to Sanderson?

• Chaos locked this topic