Any Fountain Pen Writers?

Kasimir

53 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

My shipment arrived today.  I'll be inking the Metro with the 54th and finish my Roanoke Effect manuscript.  I'll probably also get some Air-Corp Blue/Black instead of the Green/Black I had mentioned before.

Enjoy, and let us know how it treats you! :)

Osaka's Sailor Morita PGS Mini will be re-released in April, and I'm trying to save up for one as I like they have Broad nibs :P 

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Osaka's Sailor Morita PGS Mini will be re-released in April, and I'm trying to save up for one as I like they have Broad nibs :P

Ooh, that is a lovely color! 

I decided against getting this one, because as beautiful as it is it's a Pro Gear Slim which I think is just too small for me. :/

Edited by Slowswift
Added link

44 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Ooh, that is a lovely color! 

I decided against getting this one, because as beautiful as it is it's a Pro Gear Slim which I think is just too small for me. :/

Was this the one you were tempted by? :P Enough to get from Japan?

2 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

My earlier post was supposed to have a photo in it, but there seems to be a problem with Gmail right now.  For whatever reason the pic didn't attach.  I'll have to retry whenever "they" get the Gmail fixed.

RIP, tech woes are always frustrating. Looking forward to see the pic when it shows up! (Alternatively, I believe you can upload directly to the Shard.)

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Was this the one you were tempted by? :P Enough to get from Japan?

RIP, tech woes are always frustrating. Looking forward to see the pic when it shows up! (Alternatively, I believe you can upload directly to the Shard.)

I could try, but said photo is on my phone, and I am now on my laptop.

I hooked my phone to my laptop and managed to get the photo off my phone.  So let's try this again...

and it was either the flower-dy tv tray, or the Care Bears one.  I decided to go with the flowers.

20210322_220913[1].jpg

Edited by Cyclops
Additional info

26 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

I hooked my phone to my laptop and managed to get the photo off my phone.  So let's try this again...

and it was either the flower-dy tv tray, or the Care Bears one.  I decided to go with the flowers.

20210322_220913[1].jpg

Nice haul! Happy writing! ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Slowswift said:

Nice haul! Happy writing! ^_^ 

Well, I inked the Metro with the 54th.  The ink looks great.  The problem, though, is that the Medium nib is too big for my writing.  I need a Fine or even EF, as small as I write.  I'm looking in to it.  But I have to say that the Med nib sure is a smooth writer.  And the pen is so lightweight that I have to look at my hand from time to time to make sure I'm still holding it.  It's much lighter than my Jinhaos.  One thing I don't care for, though, is the bladder inside the Metro.  It doesn't hold much ink at all.  So I ordered a CON-40 converter for it.  Should be here Friday.  One page of writing and I had to fill it again.  It broke the flow of what I was doing.  I'll just have to deal with it for a few days, I guess.

3 hours ago, Cyclops said:

20210322_220913[1].jpg

Great haul, and that's one sweet Metro! Happy writing :P 

I got a Metropolitan with a Fine nib ordered.  Supposed to be here tomorrow.  I'll trade the Fine from the black pen with the Medium from the grey houndstooth pen.  That way I get to keep using the pen i really wanted, and I'll give my wife the Medium.  She said she'd like to try her hand at calligraphy. 

20 hours ago, Cyclops said:

I got a Metropolitan with a Fine nib ordered.  Supposed to be here tomorrow.  I'll trade the Fine from the black pen with the Medium from the grey houndstooth pen.  That way I get to keep using the pen i really wanted, and I'll give my wife the Medium.  She said she'd like to try her hand at calligraphy. 

Enjoy and do share pics of your final swap! :P 

I'm really in trouble now. I like Pels, I like blues and greens, so what did Pel do?

Why, I'm so glad you asked. This >>

Edited by Kasimir

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Enjoy and do share pics of your final swap! :P 

I'm really in trouble now. I like Pels, I like blues and greens, so what did Pel do?

Why, I'm so glad you asked. This >>

Oh boy. That's beautiful. If only it wasn't a 205, because they're tiny. But dang, that's a nice pen!

6 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Oh boy. That's beautiful. If only it wasn't a 205, because they're tiny. But dang, that's a nice pen!

I'm in trouble, as M205s are my favourite model :P They're small but I dislike Pelikan lip rings, and I enjoy pocket pens. Good will save for you though! 

Got the new Metro with the Fine nib today.  Inked it up with the 54th Massachusetts.  That ink writes pretty wet.  Bleeds through the 20lb Georgia-Pacific printer paper.  The Jinhaos ghosted on it, but didn't really bleed.  But I ordered some HP Premium 32 paper.  It's supposed to be very FP friendly.

Also, I finished the first draft of my newest book today, a handwritten 122 pages.  Tomorrow I attack it with a red pen (Diamine's Wild Strawberry) and make the necessary changes/corrections.  Then my wife will put on her proofreader's hat and work her magic.  And then the publishing process begins.

1 hour ago, Cyclops said:

Also, I finished the first draft of my newest book today, a handwritten 122 pages.  Tomorrow I attack it with a red pen (Diamine's Wild Strawberry) and make the necessary changes/corrections.  Then my wife will put on her proofreader's hat and work her magic.  And then the publishing process begins.

Whoo-hoo! Nice!

Edited by Slowswift

On 3/26/2021 at 7:54 AM, Cyclops said:

Oh, congrats!

@Slowswift: I caved and pre-ordered the M205 since my bonus came >> Justified it by asking for a grind at the same time, so hopefully I'll really enjoy it when it comes :D 

My HP Premium32 paper is supposed to be here today.  Jon Bosley over at Fountain Pen Love says it's very FP friendly.  Pretty much one of the best, especially for being printer paper.  The 54th Massachusetts tends to feather on my current Georgia-Pacific 20lb paper, even with my Jinhao Fine nib, so I'm going to see what it does with the HP paper.

Also, I ordered a 5-piece pen sampler from JetPens.  And that's supposed to be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Slowswift said:

Heh, nice. :D Any particular grind, or just a fine-tuning kind of thing?

Stub, and asked the nibmeister to make it wetter because I really like wet writers :P 

Thought of architect, but I already have one and it pleases me so much I don't want to ask for another.

Just now, Kasimir said:

Stub, and asked the nibmeister to make it wetter because I really like wet writers :P 

Thought of architect, but I already have one and it pleases me so much I don't want to ask for another.

I know it's a steel-nibbed one, but does a Pelikan really need that? :P 

One day I'll be brave enough to try an architect...I think my grip on a pen is just too inconsistent to really work with one.

15 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

I know it's a steel-nibbed one, but does a Pelikan really need that? :P 

One day I'll be brave enough to try an architect...I think my grip on a pen is just too inconsistent to really work with one.

I thought so, but I actually have a dry Pelikan, if you can believe it :P And gold-nibbed, too. I figure it can't hurt to ask the nibmeister to increase the flow as a result :P

If you know a good local nibmeister, it can be quite fun. But agreed, it's a 'one day' kind of fun grind rather than something I'd see myself using consistently.

My order from JetPens that was estimated to be here by April 6 arrived today.

I also added writing from the other pens I have linked up right now.

I'm not overly thrilled with the Zebra V301 at the moment.  Once I get it to write, it's great.  It just takes quite a bit of shaking to get it to write.  Someone else wrote a review to that effect.  They said that they just emptied the factory ink from the cartridge, then filled it with some Private Reserve, and it wrote like a dream.  It's looking like I'll have to do the same thing.

The Fine nib is more like an EF on others.  But I like it just fine.

20210327_180424.jpg

20210327_154320.jpg