Battle Predictions!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this duel?

• Wes (I think I am here.)
    • Deteca (AonEne)

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca stumbled and fell too; she flailed out wildly at him. 

As she flailed at him Wes closed his eyes and curled in a ball.

“Stop!” He said, somewhat muffled by his defensive ball posture, taking a deep breath before trying to lash out his legs to kick her.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

As she flailed at him Wes closed his eyes and curled in a ball.

“Stop!” He said, somewhat muffled by his defensive ball posture, taking a deep breath before trying to lash out his legs to kick her.

He impacted her torso and she stopped moving, breath knocked out of her, then made a concerted effort to hit his face. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wes felt himself get in the face and resisted the sudden urge to cry. Trying to grab Deteca’s hand after hitting him, Wes tried to twist it in a dangerous position. He didn’t want to break it altogether, that would be far too painful for Wes to want to do to someone... but him attempting to do a large injury was enough.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes felt himself get in the face and resisted the sudden urge to cry. Trying to grab Deteca’s hand after hitting him, Wes tried to twist it in a dangerous position. He didn’t want to break it altogether, that would be far too painful for Wes to want to do to someone... but him attempting to do a large injury was enough.

Deteca gasped when Wes twisted her hand painfully. She breathed out, trying to ignore the pain, but knowing there would be more permanent damage if he kept doing it - so she tried to kick him between the legs. 

I'm sorry in advance if it works :mellow: 

Oof

Wes yelped and jumped back, falling to the floor.

“Ow,” he groaned. Itiah thought it made the most sense for Wes to be too overwhelmed to make an attack this turn so he settled for writing this little meta-description, because a solid paragraph of Wes writhing on the floor would be boring to read, though Itiah was sure that the readers would full well understand the kind of pain Wes was going through right now :P.

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes yelped and jumped back, falling to the floor. “Ow,” he groaned. 

I’m glad that this isn’t canon, because canonically Deteca would be freaking out and apologizing and trying to help him. :P 

Deteca moved backward quickly, grabbing the fallen gun-shard-knives from the ground and positioning herself defensively. 

10 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Wes continued to stand until his legs gave out again and he flopped to the ground, accidentally dodging the shoulder slice and becoming a tripping hazard.

Deteca did the expected thing to everyone but her and tripped over him. She somehow didn’t cut either of them in the fall, but dropped one of the improvised knives. 

On 29/11/2019 at 9:05 AM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Deteca did the expected thing to everyone but her and tripped over him. She somehow didn’t cut either of them in the fall, but dropped one of the improvised knives. 

Looking to the knife Wes rolled over and scooped it off the dirt.

Continuing his roll Wes brought his knife high in the air for a sharp arc towards Deteca.

21 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Looking to the knife Wes rolled over and scooped it off the dirt. Continuing his roll Wes brought his knife high in the air for a sharp arc towards Deteca. 

It nicked her chin, and she flinched. At least the cut was light. She awkwardly twisted up and around, half-crouched now, and stabbed rather than sliced at his hand. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

It nicked her chin, and she flinched. At least the cut was light. She awkwardly twisted up and around, half-crouched now, and stabbed rather than sliced at his hand. 

Wes moved his knife.

As she stabbed towards his hand he did the same stabbing motion towards hers. Now, it was up to her. Either both knives would hit their target, or none.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Wes moved his knife.

As she stabbed towards his hand he did the same stabbing motion towards hers. Now, it was up to her. Either both knives would hit their target, or none.

Both blades found their way to their respective hands, and Deteca gasped, tearing away from Wes's knife. She transferred her own to her other hand, pressing her injured one to her side, and drove forward again - aiming for the same place. 

21 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Both blades found their way to their respective hands, and Deteca gasped, tearing away from Wes's knife. She transferred her own to her other hand, pressing her injured one to her side, and drove forward again - aiming for the same place. 

Wes jumped back, rolled in the dirt and felt the knife hit the empty spot where he was. Bringing his hand up he tried to stop the bleeding, grabbed a handful of dust in one hand and threw it at Deteca before lunging forward with his knife.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Wes jumped back, rolled in the dirt and felt the knife hit the empty spot where he was. Bringing his hand up he tried to stop the bleeding, grabbed a handful of dust in one hand and threw it at Deteca before lunging forward with his knife.

He'd done the same thing before, and Deteca understood what he was trying in time to move back out of his range. The dust fell short, and so did he as he tried to attack her. She went forward again, waving her armed hand at his in an attempt to deflect it, then kicked in the direction of his knee. 

22 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

He'd done the same thing before, and Deteca understood what he was trying in time to move back out of his range. The dust fell short, and so did he as he tried to attack her. She went forward again, waving her armed hand at his in an attempt to deflect it, then kicked in the direction of his knee. 

Wes moved his knee, planted his leg firmly in the ground away from her kick.

“Ha!” He said but was caught completely off-guard by the deflect, sending his knife spinning away out of his hand and landing in the dirt a little away from where he was.

Aahhhhh!” He screamed loudly and pointed in the direction of the knife, tried to use the distraction to try and lunge and choke Deteca.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Aahhhhh!” He screamed loudly and pointed in the direction of the knife, tried to use the distraction to try and lunge and choke Deteca. 

Startled, Deteca looked back and forth from him to the knife, and was disoriented when he started choking her. She stumbled and fell down, wildly chopping at his arms from the side. 

I tried to leave it open as to whether he went down too. 

22 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Startled, Deteca looked back and forth from him to the knife, and was disoriented when he started choking her. She stumbled and fell down, wildly chopping at his arms from the side. 

Wes fell down with her, continued the choke even though his arms were hurting. Hopefully maybe once she was unconscious she didn’t stop cutting.

59 minutes ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Wes fell down with her, continued the choke even though his arms were hurting. Hopefully maybe once she was unconscious she didn’t stop cutting.

Deteca kept going, her blows starting to get weaker as she couldn't get in any air.