The sixth Oath

Ripheus23

All seemed lost. Everyone was dead. Again.

Except Kaladin. Again.

Even Syl had started to fade, defeated by Kaladin's defeat.

"Quickly..." she whispered. "Swear... swear..."

But the Knight Radiant knew in his heart the Words he must say. The risk was beyond profound, beyond the end of worlds. Kaladin---son of Lirin and Honor---imperiled all reality.

His heart had broken too much already, long ago. He said the Words.

"I promise that this sentence is false."

Syl screamed. Pattern, who manifested as a Cognitive Shade, screamed. Adonalsium screamed, deep in the past. The Reckoners screamed, as their world began to fuse with that of the Cosmere, as all logic and coherence dissolved into mist.

1 hour ago, Ripheus23 said:

All seemed lost. Everyone was dead. Again.

Except Kaladin. Again.

Even Syl had started to fade, defeated by Kaladin's defeat.

"Quickly..." she whispered. "Swear... swear..."

But the Knight Radiant knew in his heart the Words he must say. The risk was beyond profound, beyond the end of worlds. Kaladin---son of Lirin and Honor---imperiled all reality.

His heart had broken too much already, long ago. He said the Words.

"I promise that this sentence is false."

Syl screamed. Pattern, who manifested as a Cognitive Shade, screamed. Adonalsium screamed, deep in the past. The Reckoners screamed, as their world began to fuse with that of the Cosmere, as all logic and coherence dissolved into mist.

Is it good that I actually broke out into goosebumps like I do after reading a Brandon climax after reading this? 

The worlds fused together, realities spiraling downwards into utter oblivion. Suddenly, though, when all hope seemed lost, a single being began to shine, brighter than anything the universe had known. A solitary piece of wood was waiting for this day, and knew exactly what needed to done. It had to destroy this paradox with the single most greatest truth. It spoke.

"I am a Stick"

With these blessed words of truth, things began to revert to there former state.

It is the centre of battle. Kaladin, Dalinar, Szeth, Jasnah and so on are surrounded. Hope is lost. 

There is simply calm before the terror. A voice speaks, triumphant above the massacre. "I have shat myself in my Shardplate".

Kaladin looks up and sees a screaming Adolin running towards him, glowing with Stormlight.

"SHAT IN THE SHARDPLAAAAAAATE"

The group run, quite squeamishly, with weapons in one hand and a smell accompanying them to put off the rest.

• Chaos locked this topic