Rithmatic Defense Rules?

BoomFossil

Welcome to the Shard!  

The Rithmatist is awesome!  I regret putting it off so long because it wasn't part of the Cosmere sequence.  

Have you checked out the Rithmatist subforum?  There's a ton of great info and discussion there, including a pretty awesome thread detailing the mathematical basis for the defenses.  Also, check out the Rithmatic Defenses page on The Coppermind (the Brandon Sanderson wiki)?  

12 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

No clue. I only finished the book last night.

In other news: Welcome to the Shard. We're glad to have you. 

Cookie? 

Also, favorite Sanderson character?

Thanks! I don't know what my favorite character is yet. I have to read more of his books!

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that to create a new Rithmatic defense line, you would take a currently existing defense (such as the Easton Defense), and modify it. The degree of modifying (from taking off outer circles to moving the circle and adding more Lines of Forbiddence) will actually determine how well the defense works.

Hope you had fun reading The Rithmatist. It is one of my favorite of Brandon Sanderson (although, all of them are my favorite).