SA or Mistborn?

Do you like Mistborn or SA better?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Mistborn or SA?

Mistborn, hands down. 

It is arguably the most important Cosmere wise, it's future is waaay more exciting, but most importantly: it is the only Cosmere franchise that has a completed series! 

Maybe two soon if Brandon ever decides to write the Lost Metal. 

Hard choice but I'd go with SA. Mistborn gave me lots of feels and chills, especially near the end of each book but SA just keeps on giving the entire way through for me. I read SA first so maybe it'd be different if it was reversed.

19 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

Ummm…Nightblood? Odium? They also understand the Shards a lot better. (I believe the grand finale of the Cosmere will happen in SA, as there are 7 more ~1,000 page books.

Odium isn't a crossover, he's part of Stormlight.  Nightblood is sort of a crossover, but Brandon actually wrote Warbreaker as his backstory, not the other way around.  

The Cosmere crossovers in Stormlight so far are really just cameos.  Scadrial is actually getting attacked by a foreign Shard.  

Brandon has confirmed multiple times that Mistborn 4 is the conclusion to the Cosmere sequence (see here and here).  Plus, the timeline doesn't fit.  All of Stormlight takes place within a couple of decades, and is concurrent with Mistborn 2.  Era 4 is going to be set much, much farther in the future than Era 2/Stormlight (they're going to have FTL travel).  

SA seems to be more light side, and more colorful with its descriptions of different fauna and cremlings. And Mistborn seems to be more dark and mysterious with its bleak landscape and its descriptions of the abuses and scenery of the slums. At least this was my view on those books; which I've read both over three times.

What do you think? 

Edited by Jude

• Chaos locked this topic