Scadrian Murder Mystery

Nohadon

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

Lenthenil Serak nodded.

"I was sitting in Drypost station when that rusting train came in to refill it's coal stocks to finish the journey. It was early in the morning, and I saw one passenger leave."

Serak looked irritated.

"Can I leave now? I have to be getting back to drypost soon. I still work there."

"We're almost finished."

"Could you please describe the passenger that left?"

She continued to smile friendly at him.

Just now, Sorana said:

"We're almost finished."

"Could you please describe the passenger that left?"

She continued to smile friendly at him.

"I can't remember much about her. She was short, with red hair" Serak replied.

"What's this about anyway? by the looks of your friend he's a constable." His eyes widened

"Did the train get robbed? You guys want to keep it quiet, I get that." Lenthenil started speaking faster and faster

"But if so, then that means someone got away with over a quarter million boxings. Very interesting, perhaps it has something to do with the investments the money would be used for? or perhaps-" He trailed off.

"Do you guys have anything to eat? I'm suddenly pretty hungry right now"

6 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"But if so, then that means someone got away with over a quarter million boxings. Very interesting, perhaps it has something to do with the investments the money would be used for? or perhaps-" He trailed off.

"Do you guys have anything to eat? I'm suddenly pretty hungry right now"

"How about we trade? Some food for the rest of that sentence?"

"What sentence?" Lenthenil remembered suddenly.

"Oh  yes, of course. I work as the head accountant in a textiles industry in dry post. recently I discovered a couple of the workers were..."

He glanced at the people near him and mouthed the rest of the sentence, hoping the others could lip read.

Embezzling funds under the pretext of "equipment repair"

“We don’t have a week!” Roared Csilen as he barged through the door and took out the pistol, firing it near Lenthinel’s face but obviously not hurting him. He was storing Connection, which meant anyone who saw him would actively feel him as distant, unfriendly, and unnoticeable anyway, and on top of that he didn’t feel the nicest right now. He felt the opposite of what he did when he tapped.

And that made for a great bad cop.

“You find a faster way to get what we want or I swear to Harmony I’ll kill you right here!”

Lenthenil looked at Csilen, unphased.

He slowly began to clap. 

"Really good job there." He said, completely calm.

"But I no longer have an inclination to help. In fact, I'll be leaving now"

Serak stood up and walked out of the room.

21 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Lenthenil looked at Csilen, unphased.

He slowly began to clap. 

"Really good job there." He said, completely calm.

"But I no longer have an inclination to help. In fact, I'll be leaving now"

Serak stood up and walked out of the room.

“Hey, hey hey!” Csilen immediately started tapping Connection, and targeted it at the man. “I’m a Ferring, you’re a Ferring, we can be friends. In fact, we are friends, right?”

He looked apologetically at the woman who’d been questioning him before and looked back at the man.

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Hey, hey hey!” Csilen immediately started tapping Connection, and targeted it at the man. “I’m a Ferring, you’re a Ferring, we can be friends. In fact, we are friends, right?”

He looked apologetically at the woman who’d been questioning him before and looked back at the man.

Serak looked the man up and down, he felt closer to him, they were both ferrings.

Stop that. He's a connector.

"You have your information. I'll get you the names in a week"

Serak then got up and walked away, intending to catch the next train to drypost.

Marianne waited until the man had left and then stared at Csilen.

"What was that?"

She asked. She liked him, and he surely had done a good job,  but still. She hadn't needed his help. The man had been nice and he wanted to help.

She hastily paid someone to bring some food to Serak, as she had promised.

13 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Marianne waited until the man had left and then stared at Csilen.

"What was that?"

She asked. She liked him, and he surely had done a good job,  but still. She hadn't needed his help. The man had been nice and he wanted to help.

She hastily paid someone to bring some food to Serak, as she had promised.

“Sorry,” Csilen said, moving to the next witness in the line. The old lady. “I thought I could help. The rusting man didn’t even seem scared.”

Approaching the old lady he tapped Connection and laid a hand on her shoulder. “Are you ok?” He asked gently. “I haven’t seen your granddaughter, but I’m sure she was headed to a safe place. All of the survivors were,” he lied. “Now, what did you see?”

@Nohadon

Csilen will also be looking for any lies, plus anything that might be clouded by her emotion.

38 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Sorry,” Csilen said, moving to the next witness in the line. The old lady. “I thought I could help. The rusting man didn’t even seem scared.”

Approaching the old lady he tapped Connection and laid a hand on her shoulder. “Are you ok?” He asked gently. “I haven’t seen your granddaughter, but I’m sure she was headed to a safe place. All of the survivors were,” he lied. “Now, what did you see?”

"I... I saw the train leave the Elendel station." The lady replied, shaken.

"I don't remember anything out of the ordinary" She continued

"The train left on time, and everything seemed fine."

Marianne followed Csilen and listened to him talking to the old woman. He lied about the granddaughter, but she didn't really care about that. It wasn't their job to tell them about the deaths of their loved ones.

"How did you come here?"

She asked the lady.

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

"I... I saw the train leave the Elendel station." The lady replied, shaken.

"I don't remember anything out of the ordinary" She continued

"The train left on time, and everything seemed fine."

“You don’t remember anything mysterious?” Csilen asked. “No unsusal fellows or someone who seemed off?”

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“You don’t remember anything mysterious?” Csilen asked. “No unsusal fellows or someone who seemed off?”

"Well, everyone seems off nowadays, you know how it is. The world's a whole lot more complicated now then it was back in my day"

45 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Well, everyone seems off nowadays, you know how it is. The world's a whole lot more complicated now then it was back in my day"

“So, by that logic, did anyone seem particularly normal to you?” After this, Csilen would probably go to the next witness. This lady wasn’t as helpful as the previous man.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“So, by that logic, did anyone seem particularly normal to you?” After this, Csilen would probably go to the next witness. This lady wasn’t as helpful as the previous man.

"No. Sorry. I didn't see anyone suspicous" She says.

"I'd like to go visit my granddaughter. Could you please show me the way young man?"

On 11/03/2019 at 1:16 AM, Sorana said:

Marianne tigged Csilen's arm.

"If she watched the train depart in Elendel how did she come here in time to pick up her granddaughter?"

She whispered.

@I think I am here.

“That’s a good point,” Csilen said, looking to the old lady again, and stepped back. “You ask her.”

Subtly he took the pistol out. Sure, the old lady didn’t look dangerous, but he wasn’t taking any chances. “One more question, dear,” he said. 

Edited by I think I am here.

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“That’s a good point,” Csilen said, looking to the old lady again, and stepped back. “You ask her.”

Subtly he took the pistol out. Sure, the old lady didn’t look dangerous, but he wasn’t taking any chances. “One more wu stink, dear,” he said. 

Marianne shot him a hesitating smile.

"Excuse me."

"So if you watched the train leave Elendel, how yould you be here in time to pick up your granddaughter?"

She asked the old lady, smiling softly.

@Nohadon

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Marianne shot him a hesitating smile.

"Excuse me."

"So if you watched the train leave Elendel, how yould you be here in time to pick up your granddaughter?"

She asked the old lady, smiling softly.

@Nohadon

The old lady stood up

”I really must be going now” she told the two of them and began to walk out the door