Cosmere Psychic Hotline

Saw the post Brandon did today about selling off time to talk to him on the phone in support of Altered Perceptions (those sold out fast, dangit).  At $75 for about 15 minutes of talk time, I just couldn't help but of it like one of those old pyschic hotlines people could call because of the effective rate per minute.

"The Cosmere Psychic Hotline.  Find out the future of the Cosmere!.  Only $2.99 per minute!"

Ok, back to my normal thoughts now....

Ha, that's totally appropriate. I find it disappointing by the time he wrote the blog post, he was already sold out of both the phone call and the ARC's for Stormlight 3. That said, if the phone call service was a hotline we'd probably get Peter as the secretary, and he would drop cryptic hints making us even more thirsty and tell us to PAFO all the time. Dang, that sounds like a good business model.

Ha, that's totally appropriate. I find it disappointing by the time he wrote the blog post, he was already sold out of both the phone call and the ARC's for Stormlight 3. That said, if the phone call service was a hotline we'd probably get Peter as the secretary, and he would drop cryptic hints making us even more thirsty and tell us to PAFO all the time. Dang, that sounds like a good business model.

Hmmmm, I think you're on to something here.  Heck, we could even have the hotline number be 1-800-COSMERE.  Gold, I tell ya.

The worst part is that given how much time some of us devotes to Cosmere hijinks, this could actually be a successful business enterprise. Limited in length, sure, but he could easily squeeze a hundred dollars from at least some 50-100 of us, if not more, netting him at least five to ten thousand dollars for a few days work.

• Chaos locked this topic