Carrier Has Arrived

STEELHE4RT

Just jumping into the forums. Originally I signed up to post a meme here that I based on the Stormlight Archive (att. below) but I intend to stay! And really I intended to join before but never got around to it. Just threw together a profile pic and feeling at home here already. B)

IMO Stormlight Archive is Sanderson's clear masterpiece, but my personal favorite is Elantris currently. Favorite character Steelheart with Marsh as a second.

post-10977-0-99515800-1400346387_thumb.j

Howdy-ho Steelheart. Welcome to the Shard. Hope you have a blast here.

Hi Steelheart :)

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you read the blurb for firefight, the sequel to steelheart?

I

Actually I am under a personal restriction on reading books until I get the first draft of my own book done... so sadly no.  -_-

First draft of your own book? What type of book are you writing?

Going to keep it simple! My first set of books are YA Fantasy. The magic system at its most basic is that you are born into one of 11 different Eras that determine your magical ability and potential.

On my website I wrote a program that dynamically generated these magical 'seasons', so you can see which era/race/order you are... for kicks and giggles.  :P 

Not too far along yet. 'bout 10%.

Edited by STEELHE4RT

Going to keep it simple! My first set of books are YA Fantasy. The magic system at its most basic is that you are born into one of 11 different Eras that determine your magical ability and potential.

On my website I wrote a program that dynamically generated these magical 'seasons', so you can see which era/race/order you are... for kicks and giggles. :P

Not too far along yet. 'bout 10%.

Cool! I write books too! :)

Have you written other things before?

I really like writing fantasy too :)

Actually I am under a personal restriction on reading books until I get the first draft of my own book done... so sadly no. -_-

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding. You're not going to read anything until you've finished a book? :o

I wish you speedy luck!

And welcome :) in that case you might want to limit time here too, because once you get spiked(and believe me it's inevitable) the 17th Shard sucks you in....MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I mean. Hi! Have fun around here!

Jaysus, 22 upvotes already, STEELHE4RT. Good job

This has to be the worst follow-up to the iconic line. You are dead to me.

I have died many times in your eyes, Arrrrgent. I think strange aeons have come. (does anyone get my reference?)

Carriers are what grunts, specters and other minions come into the map on in Titanfall.

Carriers are used in lots of games, but anyone who's played Starcraft wouldn't think of any other game when they hear that line ;)

Aye. Though I must confess, I am disappointed I couldn't find a 10-hours version... 

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding. You're not going to read anything until you've finished a book? :o

I wish you speedy luck!

And welcome :) in that case you might want to limit time here too, because once you get spiked(and believe me it's inevitable) the 17th Shard sucks you in....MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I mean. Hi! Have fun around here!

You understood correct. Though I did specify books, so I'll still read menial things like traffic signs and these forum posts.  ;)

• Chaos locked this topic