are the writing/glyph systems the same across the cosmere?

iceheart

so, I read WoK last week, and this week I'm on to warbreaker. I stumbled across something that tweaked my interest.

in WoK Kaladin has a brand of the glyph shash which means "dangerous"

in warbreaker the first letter that siri teaches seb is "shash"

in WoK there is a reference to the MONTH of shash.

is "shash" just too common a letter combination or are there other instances where writing has shown up the same in 2 worlds?

I could not find any mention of "shash" in Mistborn. :/

Edit: Oh, the month is in WoK, sorry...

I didn't notice this, nice catch although I can't figure what it could imply-except that maybe the month of Shash is prone to highstorms.

Edited by Aashyma

I assume no; after all, separate languages exist even within the Shard worlds themselves: the various Terris dialects on Scadrial, not to mention any language(s) the Khlenni might have used, Alethi, Veden, etc on Roshar, Arelish/Aonic (for the life of me, I can't remember which it is) and Duladen on Sel, etc. etc. With all that linguistic diversity, I find it hard to believe that everyone would use the same writing system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Look, you're onto something here BUT you're thinking into the COMPLETELY wrong direction.

It's like how the Japanese writing systems allow you to to write the same word or sound in four different ways, yet it looks pretty different.

Some words are bound to be the same since Adonalsium used to be ONE entity.

• Chaos locked this topic