Music for the Characters

Invocation

I was listening to my YouTube Mix the other day and re-reading Well of Ascension, and something decided it would be a good idea to throw the song Stronger On Your Own (by Disturbed, I listened to them once and I can never escape) right up alongside an interaction with Zane and Vin, and honestly? Ironic. Go listen to the song and tell me that doesn't sound like a song for their whole deal.

That got me thinking. What songs do y'all associate with particular characters/interactions/places in the Mistborn books?

Though I don't think this fits as well, but as soon as I read this "Losing my Religion" by R.E.M. came to mind for Sazed during the Hero of Ages.

On another note, I know there was a kickstarter for an album based off The Way of Kings. Have you listened to that? I haven't, but I'd be curious on how well that music matches the book.

[Insert obligatory You Say Run joke here]

Are we including the second series here? If so,

Spoiler

Wayne's interactions with Allriandre makes me think of Curl Up and Die by Relient K (listen to it if you haven't), but since that's just way too depressing to leave here on its own, I'll also say that Wax works really well with It Ain't Over by The Likes of Us. That one's not on youtube though, check it out on spotify or elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Doomslug said:

On another note, I know there was a kickstarter for an album based off The Way of Kings. Have you listened to that? I haven't, but I'd be curious on how well that music matches the book.

I know about the Kaladin one, but are there more?

4 hours ago, Firerust said:

How about an actual song that was made for Sazed? ;)

I did not know that existed, thanks!

I always associate A Fire on a Hill, by Hands Like Houses with Kelsier. Especially the following part:

We'll set fire to a hill,
So intense that it will be the brightest star on this side of the sky.

The rest mainly fits in my head, as I listened to this album alongside reading Mistborn for the first time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw back in black for Kelsier at the end of the last Wax & Wayne book as a fitting song, it's epic & kinda fits. I could see a scene cutting to him walking away epically with it playing in the background! Also Sound of Silence (disturbed cover) for when Elend sees everyone dying around him & he meets his fate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic