KR Spies and general intelligence

WitSpren

In WoK we saw Syl spying on Gaz and others a little bit for Kal.     Syl did seem limited in range, but that may have changed now that Kal has progressed some more.

In WoR we had Pattern spying a lot more even imitating voices voices perfectly, able to observe Syberial in the bath, looking for tails following Shallan and independently "scouting" the church while Shallan was drawing an prist to sneek in to see Talin.      Seems to have greater range and independence than Syl.

Now Delinar is bonded to Stormfather who travels the entire world and basically "sees" everybody.

First off, why hasn't Shallan sent Pattern to follow/observe Mazise, Mask & the other Ghostbloods that she has seen at the Warcamps to gather more information about them, what they do, say, where they live/hide etc.    They were trying to kill her after all, and supposedly did kill Jasna.     Seems like it would be important to Shallan.

Now Kal and Shallan have been at Uritiru for a week or so, how much have the Sprens done there?    Shouldn't Kal and Shallan have set them to that task?     I would think that the Sprens could "scan" the place more quickly than the regular people can.

Especially, search out all the "Special" rooms of the place that should be "restricted" from just anybody accessing them.     Especially, people like Sladeas, who is dead now, but could have been a threat.    Certianly Mazise and Mask and everyone that has a Ghostblood Tattoo.     But other groups as well.

Now add in Glys and Stormfather.     Glys is new to the KR relm so I doubt that he can go far.     Does Renerin even have a Shardblade?

Then add in Stormfather for whole world Intel.

What do all of you think that the KRs should be doing with this ability?

Interesting haven't thought of this but it might have some merit, creepy sneaky spren beware!

First off, why hasn't Shallan sent Pattern to follow/observe Mazise, Mask & the other Ghostbloods that she has seen at the Warcamps to gather more information about them, what they do, say, where they live/hide etc.    

She might not have thought of this but also Pattern might start to suddenly hum(like he did at the oathgate) which will draw attention to him.

Then add in Stormfather for whole world Intel.

What do all of you think that the KRs should be doing with this ability?

I very much doubt the stormfather will take what he may consider a petty order or suggestion from Dalinar to simply spy on people. He sees himself as a God after all.

Also it might not be possible to sneak/spy upon the more cosmere aware or just powerful guys out there who know what to look for, so my guess is this might be used for political gain but not for spying on Odium and his minions.

Mraise? Is a world hopper isn't he? Is it possible he would be able to sense a Spren? If he can sense it would he be able to contain/harm a Spren?

Since Shallan and Pattern have been in Mraise's presence three times and he has not shown any indication of noticing Pattern in any of them, I do not think that Mraise has that ability.     Same goes for Mask.

Add to that the fact that all kinds of Spren pop up all the time in this world and no one pays much of any attention to them.

Last of all, the only thing that we have seen that can hurt a Spren is to bond one and then break your oaths.

• Chaos locked this topic