Ideas for Elantrian weapons

It is interesting to think about Aons as weapons.

At first I was thinking you would have to prepare a bunch of Aons on paper or something that you could trigger with a touch. You go into a fight and you trigger them one at a time toward your target. But then I realised that Aons drawn on something physical seem to continue to work and not just flash and burn away. You would not need a bunch to fire off one at a time, you would just need controls built into one to turn it on and back off.

I thought of Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist, with the fire rune on his gloves, and with a snap he triggers a forceful blast of fire.

I wonder what other types of things you could do? Could there be runes to change your personally gravity? Control water, wind, or earth? Could you have a bunch of different Aons tattooed on your body to do different things?

Although that brings up another question. If I make an Aon, am I the only one that can use it? Or could someone make weapons to be used by other people?

Edited by lyht

Aons seem to be useable by any Elantrian, as demonstrated by the light plates and teleporter plates. I'd like to share some ideas for realmatic tech and weaponry, but I'm saving them for some big theory threads I'd like to show after I'm done my index.

Aons, however, seem fairly easy to automate given their nature as programmatical structures.

Aons seem to be useable by any Elantrian, as demonstrated by the light plates and teleporter plates...

I thought the light plates were on all the time... And I am drawing a blank on teleporter plates?

Aon-powered Nuke sounds like a terrible idea. You could blow up Elantris, but by the time it got to Fjordell it wouldn't even be a firecracker.

But combined with a teleportation aon... Trigger the blast in a cave with teleportation aons on the wall activated, say, by light/heat - teleport blast wave, undiminished, to the location of your choice... (You cannot use teleportation aons to return from, say, Fjordell, but you can teleport to there, so :) ) Even without a bomb - teleport a block of lava (just 10-50 km below Elantris), right into Dakhor monastery (if you know where it is). Draw a city-sized aon (Daa? I think) , some focusing Aons and a gate Aon, and recreate LOTA weapon from Schlock Mercenary :)

Again, I ask myself if Brandon has actually considered things like this. With proper research, you should be able to break the system and make AonDor into one of the most powerful systems in the Cosmere.

damnation, I thought I was onto something original with the splicing of Aons and Fullmetal Alchemist ideas XD Oh well.

I've always liked the idea of a Feruchemist Elantrian inscribing his MetalMinds with Aons. 

damnation, I thought I was onto something original with the splicing of Aons and Fullmetal Alchemist ideas XD Oh well.

I've always liked the idea of a Feruchemist Elantrian inscribing his MetalMinds with Aons. 

Now THAT would be some weird compounding!

If a Duralumin Gnat Wrote an Aon, could he Supercharge it?

They'd have to be Elantrian to use it in the first place, though. Hm... Elantrian (Mistborn) Duralium Gnat. Must be awkward to introduce yourself.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

If a Duralumin Gnat Wrote an Aon, could he Supercharge it?

Duralumin just widens the "gate" in the metals that provides Allomancers with access to Preservation's power. So while you could power up an Aon by increasing its access to the Dor, you'd probably have to eat it first, since Aons are powered externally while Duralumin is an internal metal. Nicrosil, however, might just work, as long as you're not restricted to stomach contents.

Duralumin just widens the "gate" in the metals that provides Allomancers with access to Preservation's power. So while you could power up an Aon by increasing its access to the Dor, you'd probably have to eat it first, since Aons are powered externally while Duralumin is an internal metal. Nicrosil, however, might just work, as long as you're not restricted to stomach contents.

I suspect that an Elantrian Nicrosil Ferring would lose some of the benefits of being an Elantrian while storing, though.

More (totally ingenious) ideas:

• Aon Tank
  • Aon Death Star
  • Aon Doomsday Machine
  • Aon Rocket Launcher
  • Aon Missile
  • Aon Lightsabre!!!!!!!!
  • Aon Cyborg
  • Aon Neuralyzer (Men in Black reference, hey?)
  • Aon Raygun

Some non-weapon but still awesome ideas:

• Aon time machine
  • Aon computer that DOESN'T LAG

I suspect that an Elantrian Nicrosil Ferring would lose some of the benefits of being an Elantrian while storing, though.

Oh, sorry, meant Allomantic nicrosil here, though Feruchemical nicrosil is a much safer bet. I was thinking of the Nicroburster opening the Aon's "gate" by touching it, just like they'd open the "gates" of the metalminds in an Allomancer's stomach. Only question is if they're limited to affecting stomach contents or not. Must. Read. Second. Mistborn. Trilogy.

Oh, sorry, meant Allomantic nicrosil here, though Feruchemical nicrosil is a much safer bet. I was thinking of the Nicroburster opening the Aon's "gate" by touching it, just like they'd open the "gates" of the metalminds in an Allomancer's stomach. Only question is if they're limited to affecting stomach contents or not. Must. Read. Second. Mistborn. Trilogy.

I guess the best way to check against this would be to see if allomancy would ever have an effect on metalminds. 

In the interest of being a Fullmetal Alchemist geek, and because I always liked the concept/how it was explained, Roy's sigil doesn't make the fire blasty (technical term lol) itself. It transmutes the surrounding air's molecular bonds making it highly flammable (for instance rearranging a bunch of O2 molecules to be O3s and O1s), and then he snaps his fingers on the flint like cloth igniting it.

• Chaos locked this topic