Timbre=Eshonai

Mental Drifter

Question

Since the inhabitants of Roshar don't  bond to Spren like humans do, and all we have ever seen of Singers taking Spren are old Dawnsingers possessing new singers, we saw the white spren leaving Eshonai's corpse...it didn't possess Venli like Dawnsingers do, but it accompanied her, defending her against the voidspren.

It seems like there would be a cultural aspect to a current generation of Singers accepting an ancient one into their hearts, to share knowledge. But when Odium came he corrupted this practice and the Singerspren he called upon were filled with hate for the humans.

The more I think about it, it makes sense that eventually Dawnsingerspren will join with the Freesingers to help them reclaim the old ways and fight off Voidspren.

Edited by Mental Drifter

5 answers to this question

Timbre is a Lightspren, also called a Reacher, which is what Ico was. It's implied between Venli's conversation with Timbre, and Ici speaking of a runaway daughter, that Timbre is Ico's daughter. 

Eshonai has gone to the Beyond and is well and truly gone. 

Overlord Jebus [PENDING REVIEW]

Has Eshonai left for the Beyond?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes. I'll canonize this. I'm sorry. 

*sounds of horror and shock* Noooo, nooooo, RAFO it!

You wanted..that was a RAFO-bait but, so I never intended that..if you want to leave this one out there...But I never intended Timbre to be Eshonai's soul. When people said that in the beta, I'm like, "Oh, I guess you could see that, but I mean that's not how spren work, right?"

I was going to say, so you're saying Timbre is not Eshonai's soul.

No. I never even thought they would make that connection. Because we saw Timbre in the previous book. I mean, I don't want to kill people's fan theories. But that one kind of blindsided me in the beta. I'm like, "Well I guess we'll go ahead and let people think that but...no." No.

You can leave that one off if you want to tease people and things. Some people really want to believe that.

I made a bet that Eshonai was not only still be alive after Words of Radiance, but would also become Radiant. And then the bet was if not I had to eat a shoe.

Oh no!

So I've been trying to get out of it for like...

Well you could eat a gummy shoe or something like that. 

But no, I didn't intend this. No.

source

31 minutes ago, Mental Drifter said:

Well alrighty then...guess I need to read these books yet again.

Who was Ico/Ici, the harbormaster or something in shadesmar, when the ship was set on fire?

Ici was a typo, sorry. He was the captain of the ship that they reached Celebrant on. The Reachers/Lightspren were the bronze looking spren in the boat. 

Edited by Calderis