Characters you like who no one cares about

So, simple. Do you have any character (Sanderson or other) that you love but who no one ever talks about? Like, a random secondary character who for no reason grew on you, but on no one else. 

This doesn’t have to be a disliked character. More someone who no one else really seems to care about. 

For me, it is Tobias Beckett in Solo, Braith in Faithful and the Fallen, and Dockson in Mistborn.

I have many characters I care about who no one else does. For example, Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Actually, I barely know anyone who likes TNG, so that might affect my results to an extent. Kinkajou from Wings of Fire is another of mine. The poor Rovers from The Martian. Boromir from The Lord of the Rings. Assssssssssssssmodeus from Redwall. That sort of thing. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

Oh dang, that's a hard question, but for me it's gotta be Cadsuane. I like her low-threshold for stupidity

Cadsuane is definitely one of about 6 Aes Sedai that I could stand from those books, but for my money Verin is the best.

Not from a book, but I always liked Blank from FFIX.  no idea why, honestly, but I was really glad you got to save him.  Reddas and his glorious mutton chops from FFXII is also great.

1 hour ago, Dunkum said:

Cadsuane is definitely one of about 6 Aes Sedai that I could stand from those books, but for my money Verin is the best.

Not from a book, but I always liked Blank from FFIX.  no idea why, honestly, but I was really glad you got to save him.  Reddas and his glorious mutton chops from FFXII is also great.

Verin, is also, in fact, utterly incredible

It seems that most secondary characters, that I like, seems to have their fan clubs with one exception: Joab (from the old testament). This guy is awesome and I never hear him mentioned! Although I guess that's not surprising bc he's not particularly a good role model and gets overshadowed by David. There are so many great stories about him and found his entire life fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, Zehr said:

I have many characters I care about who no one else does. For example, Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Actually, I barely know anyone who likes TNG, so that might affect my results to an extent. Kinkajou from Wings of Fire is another of mine. The poor Rovers from The Martian. Boromir from The Lord of the Rings. Assssssssssssssmodeus from Redwall. That sort of thing. 

I love Asmodeus and Data both. TNG is tied with DS9 for my favorite Trek series. 

Brainiac 5 and the Question from DC comics, (before the movie came out) Doctor Strange, Alberich from Heralds of Valdemar, Regis from the Witcher, Soundwave from Transformers.

• 3 years later...

He might be a bit too popular to qualify, but I see people talk about him rarely enough that I think he does. So take this as a "character that is underrated" rather than "character that is completely ignored". Axies the Collector.

King Theoden from the Lord of the Rings movies. Making him way more doubtful and fragile and then giving him the full-on speech on the Pelennor really gave him a satisfying arc. Perhaps the biggest improvement over the books, in my opinion!

Edited by Elegy

Galad from WoT

Saul from Fire Emblem (Binding Blade)

Jacob from Mass Effect 2

Finn from the Star Wars sequels because he's clearly not cared about by the writers or directors (JK, they care about him, they just didn't know what to do with him...which feels very weird.) 

Samui and all of the Jinchuuriki from Naruto (although less so to Killer Bee and Naruto since they get a lot of screentime and I wouldn't consider them characters no one cares about.) 

• 3 weeks later...