Ink

You think you’re funny, Ark. You think you’re funny.

“Yes, it’s true,” Tena said dryly, pulling away from him for a moment. “I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it.” She went back to kissing him, her heartbeat rising. Rising...

Oh great Sisters, no.

By the time she’d realized it, it was too late. 

Kezeras woke up, suddenly a sixteen year-old girl again.

And immediately screamed. 

Nonononono, she thought instinctively, pushing away from Telth and shouting again. I’ll kill him. I’ll kill him. No, go away. Don’t hurt me, please. Don’t... She Steelpushed against one of the iron chimneys behind the man and sent herself flying away, barely thinking, not knowing what was happening. 

But then she realized that she wasn’t in a safehouse, and that that man wasn’t Telth (her mind let out a whimper at the thought of that name), he was Anthony Nightshade and she loved him. Why did she love him? Why? How could she ever love a man after what Telth had done to her?

The last twenty-nine years came back to her in a rush, and she gasped. She’d nicknamed Anthony Ani, and she’d only known him for a few hours. But she felt like Tena had known Anthony, not her. She just wanted to go find a quiet place and hide, but she also wanted to kill Telth and kill him again and again and again. 

She barely managed to gather her wits, and, realizing that she was falling down and was going to hit a roof, Steelpushed against another chimney and clumsily flew back onto the roof Anthony was on. She Ironpulled lightly on the chimney behind him to keep herself from falling over, suddenly clumsy with her Steelpushes. She’d only Snapped a little while ago, she couldn’t be expected to be graceful. But no, she’d been Steelpushing for years and years. Hadn’t she?

C’mon, get yourself together, a voice from the future suddenly commanded, and Kezeras fell onto her knees. She started crying, and arranged herself with her knees against her chest. That’s not it. Stand up, quit crying; what happened happened many years ago. You can deal with it. But Kezeras didn’t know how to act like an adult, she just didn’t know...

She started burning pewter to try and stabilize herself, and it helped a little. She burned tin for a moment, then tried to talk to her spren, wanting Iffina to help her. Iffina always knew what to do. 

But Iffina wasn’t there. She tried summoning her spren as a staff, but that didn’t work either. Nothing was working. Had her spren left her? All those things she’d done, during the Seven Day War, just a few days ago... Iffina was gone. 

“No,” Kezeras cried. “No, come back.” Then, an older, mature version of herself took control. “I need to find somewhere to sleep,” she told Ani. 

@Ark1002

If you want a quick summary of this entire post:

2 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

“What the #$&*, Tena?!”

or alternatively:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1KGPEor1kk

Anthony looked at her, confused to new heights. What the hell just happened? He shook his head, approaching her as he would a wild animal, and a rabid one. "Okay, okay. I can make that happen." He slowly and calmly walked towards her backpack, where she had the Tia card. He riffled through it, but realized he had gotten the wrong pocket. Damnation, what is happening? he finally found it, so he shouldered the pack and went over to Tena, still acting like she was a dog with rabies. "It's okay." He laid his hand on her shoulder, then activated the card. They were taken to her house, where he took her to her room and made sure she lied down. "Good night." He wandered out, to the couch, then sat down.

@AxeliustheGreat

“Hey,” Kezeras yelled at Ani, “come sleep in here.” Why would I ever say that? Why? What’s wrong with me? But she remembered, from just a few moments ago, sitting on the rooftop with him, how warm he’d been, how happy that had made her... maybe having him there would make her feel better. “But don’t try anything, okay? Okay.”

@Ark1002

Anthony stood, extremely confused. Come sleep in here? Don't try anything? Why would she think I would... he blushed slightly, then climbed the stairs. He walked into the room. "O-okay." He climbed onto the bed, laying down beside her. It must be that something happened to her, long ago. What could it be? He frowned. Someone had done something to her. If he found them... he would make their lives hell. They had done this to her. His frown became a grimace. They messed with the wrong person. He hugged her slightly. "What's wrong?"

@AxeliustheGreat

She whimpered, then relaxed. He was wonderful, so warm and kind and everything she could have ever wanted. Her thoughts dropped into a more calm state, and her sense of identity returned. Tena breathed slowly. 

“I ran a gang back in the day, when I was sixteen. In Kharbranth. I didn’t employ trustworthy people, and I found that out when one of them raped me.” Her voice got progressively quieter as she continued. “I Snapped. Killed him. He deserved it. He was an awful person.” She took a moment to calm her breathing. “I gave birth to a girl a while later. Stillborn.”

She snuggled into Ani’s arms. What a great guy. What an absolutely fantastic guy. Thinking of that was the only thing that kept her from breaking into tears. 

@Ark1002

That’s terrifying... yet somehow amusing.

*backs away from Claessen* Uh, please don’t eat me.

I just watched the video Ark put in his post, and I’ve got to say...

What does that have to do with Tena?

@Ark1002

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

2 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

What does that have to do with Tena?

That was how Ani was acting towards her :P

Ani wrapped his arms around her, stroking her short hair with his head on hers. Her words echoed in his head. One of them raped me. I gave birth to a girl. Stillborn. Killed him. It echoed through him, and he patted her back. "I'm sorry about the child." He kissed her forehead. "And death was too good for the man." Stillborn. Killed him. Birth to a girl. Raped me. "Yes. Dying a hundred times would be too good for him. If he was alive, I would make his life hell, for you." He hugged her tightly. So beautiful. "You don't deserve any of that."

@AxeliustheGreat

Edited by Ark1002