[Theory] Possible KR Ideal?

Baine

My very first Theory!  :D

After reading that WoB about an unpublished KR Ideal: "I will stand when others fall," I had an idea for a new one:

"I will guide/be a light for those in the darkness."

I think this one would be good for whichever order is the pious/guiding one.

Thoughts, suggestions, or thrown tomatoes?

Edited by Baine

I like it. I think it might sound better as "I will guide those who cannot see" but it's still pretty good. Something along those lines might be a Truthwatcher ideal, since they have Lightweaving and what might be a predictive surge.

"I will guide/be a light for those in the darkness."

I think this one would be good for whichever order is the pious/guiding one.

The pious/guiding Orders of Radiants are the Windrunners and Skybreakers.

---

We already Know all 3 Oaths for the Windrunners, so it's not one of theirs.

We also know that Szeth is a Skybreaker (and a VERY good one, as far as Oaths go), so in order for this 'light in the darkness' Oath to belong to the skybreakers, he would have to fit it.

I'm not really seeing that. maybe truthwatchers, probably not. My thought was that Skybreakers exemplify Law: the letter of the law.

------------

Overall, the oath seems very general. "light" can be interpreted in innumerable ways, and does not demand specific action. "I will protect those who cannot defend themselves", does  demand specific action.

-------------

(If you want my source on which orders were the "pious" ones, I can provide a large table that answers this for ALL of the orders of radiants)

"I will destroy those who threaten the innocent."

- Could work for any of the orders that condone assassination.

"I will explore paths yet untraveled."

- A potential Willshaper Ideal, perhaps?

"I will put the needs of the people before any other."

- Potential Edgedancer Ideal

"I will uphold even a law I disagree with, for I will put order before all else."

- Potential Skybreaker Ideal, although I think it could be better phrased.

And lastly, since Mistborn llamas exist... what's to say 10 orders of Surgebinding llamas couldn't?  ;)

The First Ideal of the Llamas Radiant:

"Drama before grammar, gossip before reason, pillow fights before coolheadedness."

The Second Ideal:

"I will seek out drama where there is none."

The pious/guiding Orders of Radiants are the Windrunners and Skybreakers.

---

We already Know all 3 Oaths for the Windrunners, so it's not one of theirs.

We also know that Szeth is a Skybreaker (and a VERY good one, as far as Oaths go), so in order for this 'light in the darkness' Oath to belong to the skybreakers, he would have to fit it.

I'm not really seeing that. maybe truthwatchers, probably not. My thought was that Skybreakers exemplify Law: the letter of the law.

------------

Overall, the oath seems very general. "light" can be interpreted in innumerable ways, and does not demand specific action. "I will protect those who cannot defend themselves", does  demand specific action.

-------------

(If you want my source on which orders were the "pious" ones, I can provide a large table that answers this for ALL of the orders of radiants)

Actually, Bondsmiths are the Pious/Binding Order, associated with Ishar (the charts in the Ars Arcana of WOR and TWoK list the "divine attributes" associated with each herald). 

Order #5 is the Truthwatchers, Order #8 is the Willshapers, Order #10 is the Bondsmiths. 

Source

Also, each KR order has five Ideals, not three:

"The four later Ideals were said to be different for every order of Radiants. But the First Ideal was the same for each of the ten: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

-TWoK hardcover p. 831

I do agree though that Skybreakers, even those not corrupted by Nale, are probably occupied with the letter of the law.

• Chaos locked this topic