Do Soulcasted Materials Have Extra Investiture?

Unlicensed Hemalurgist

Question

When a Radiant or Fabrial-user Soulcasts a material into another material, does any of the Investiture used to initiate the change "linger" in the new material? Is the material itself now slightly more invested than before, or does all that Investiture get used up in the transformation?

3 answers to this question

To give the authority,

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Can Soulforged bones be Awakened?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Can Soulforged bones be Awakened? So, Soulcast bones be awakened? Once the Soulcasting is done, it is no longer Invested, and it would act as the normal item. A Forged item will act as Invested, and will resist any manipulation. Differences between the magics

Source

I’m pretty sure that the investiture is all used up.  I think Soul casting only drains the amount of stormlight that is needed to fuel the transformation, so there wouldn’t be anything left over. I mean, if someone soulcast something into aluminum, aluminum wouldn’t hold onto the investiture. Since it’s inert. So we would see some kind of release of energy when things are made into aluminum if this were the case. So i’m leaning towards probably not. 

The investiture facilitates the change but does not stay in the object itself. 

Unless it's designed to stay there, most investiture seems to dissipate. 

Allomantic pushes/pulls, lashings, illusions, soulcasting, what have you, all seem to have an effect and fade. 

Feruchemical storage, Awakening, and Forgery seem to actually leave an object invested. Investiture is placed in an object for later retrieval and/or a lasting effect which can be ended or, in the case of Forgery, ended by breaking the seal. 

Edited by Calderis