Spren in everyday life

Goatborn

I was wondering what kind of spren you might come across in your everyday life, say in your workplace, in your home or your neighbourhood?

As a medical student, spending most of my time in the hospital now, I was thinking about what kind of spren I might see while working there. The obvious one would be rotspren - there are some insane presentations of abscesses and advanced infection that show up on the surgical ward, and it would make diagnosing pneumonia a breeze!

I think there would be less fearspren coming from patients than you'd expect. More likely exhaustionspren (or frustrationspren) and the same could be said for the doctors. And having painspren around could help us objectively just the level of pain someone is in - no more scale of 1 to 10! Just, "The patient presented with upper right quadrant pain attracting 12 painspren..." (Would that work? Or is the level of spren attracted subjective?)

But the medical students would probably have plenty of fearspren around! But we'd also attract a heck of a lot of gloryspren the first times that we get a procedure right. Like when I got my first cannula sited just right, I felt like a god!

I've also been skydiving twice, and it would have been even cooler with windspren along for the ride!

What kind of spren would you encounter in your life? I feel like this kind of question could help us understand how spren operate.

Also, can non-sentient life attract spren? So if your dog attacked and killed a vicious piece of clothing hanging too low on the line, would he attract gloryspren?

I work in a call center, so... Annoyancespren, frustrationspren, depressionspren, angerspren, murderousspren... I could probably think of others, but my phone's auto correct doesn't like adding spren to the end of words.

Edited by trendkill

I'd probably come across boredom spren. Whether its at school, at work, or pretty much anywhere. My neighborhood is a pretty sleepy and nonchalant place.

Also, can non-sentient life attract spren? So if your dog attacked and killed a vicious piece of clothing hanging too low on the line, would he attract gloryspren?

Non-sentient life should be able to attract sprens, since they can feel emotion. The dog would feel pretty glorious about his success, attracting glory sprens. A rock, however, wouldn't, since it can't feel emotions. Funnily enough, this wasn't mentioned a lot in the Stormlight Archives. There doesn't seem to be a part in the book that mentions non-sentient life attracting spren. Good question.

For me, exhaustionspren and creationspren would be my top two. I draw a lot and study a lot, so they'd probably love to hang around me. Really, it would just depend on how tired I am that day.

boredomspren, exhaustionspren, the occasional painspren and the unfortunately-not-so-rare wtfspren I think describe my usual day!

Although I do get quite a bit of lolspren and awespren from this site :D

Edited by RShara

boredomspren, exhaustionspren, the occasional painspren and the unfortunately-not-so-rare wtfspren I think describe my usual day!

Although I do get quite a bit of lolspren and awespren from this site  :D

wtfspren? That opens up a whole new category of spren, like:

• yolospren
  • afkspren
  • twerkspren
  • gtfospren
  • stfuspren
Edited by Lightsworn Panda

wtfspren? That opens up a whole new category of spren, like:

• yolospren
  • afkspren
  • twerkspren
  • gtfospren
  • stfuspren

Memespren would actually be pretty interesting. They would be the personification of ideas that swiftly move through society.

Memespren would actually be pretty interesting. They would be the personification of ideas that swiftly move through society.

Does that mean we could create a Stickspren? Though abreviations and memes might fall under the Cryptics expertise.

I wonder, would fast cars and the like attract Windspren?

should these forum toipcs have sprensrpen for when users tlak about spren and spren spren and spren spren spren :) :) :) :)

No, you're thinking about recursivespren. They're very different things.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that your post attracted quite a number of emojispren.

Edited by Kobold King

• Chaos locked this topic