Szeth and the Honorblade

Sorry if this is a double post, but i'm at least 71% it's not.

I haven't seen anyone ask this question and i think it could be somewhat important.

What are the affects on him from him wielding the Honorblade? I ask this question because the Honorblade forced him to consume a greater quantity of Stormlight. So what were the affects of that on his SDNA? Did the extra Stormlight going through him cause him to get more 'cracked' thus allowing him to gain a bond easier or did the Honorblade consume it? If it was the Honorblade consuming the extra Stormlight then what was it using it for?

Because that makes the Honorblade seem much weaker than a Spren bond and that doesn't make sense because we know that the Heralds were a lot more powerful than the Knights radiant.

We know this because when the Knights were being made Ishar said they must have controls or he would destroy them one and all. This makes little sense for him to say seeing as Kaladin put a major beat down on Szeth and the fact that Szeth had difficulties with just a Shardbearer ( Gavilar ).

So why was Ishar so confident in his abilities that he could, presumable, fight a large number of Surgebinders and beat them? Is this an inherent ability or was it because the Honorblades a were just that powerful? 

If anyone help me to makes sense of these discrepancies because i don't get it.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense but I'm so f**king tired and i haven't been able to sleep for the last several days. Stupid insomnia. 

From what we've seen and been told, the Heralds cannot surgebind without their Honorblades, which act a lot like Nightblood in the way the suck up Invesutre, in this case creating an inefficient access to the surges. The things that made the Heralds so powerful were the other powers that they had, such as whatever is giving them immortality and keeping them around for 4.5K years.

Yes, I do agree, I'm pretty sure that Honorblades are far weaker than a Nahel Bond. They were a prototype that the spren perfected, fixing up the efficiency problems and boosting the power. I think that on a spiritual level, instead of being able to pull power through a wide-open gate in a spren bond, Honorblades either just let you do it yourself, but without the filtering of a bond, or give you a shoddier connection to Honor, but all at once without a need for oaths or spren. I still think Honorblades are potent, but it was definately the Heralds themselves that was so powerful.

I think that the Heralds can use their abilities with out their blades. why do i think this well Almighty said in wok that the spren tried to immatie what he had done with the heralds by giving them similar abilities like the heralds and similar weaponry the shardbladeds. The powers and weapon come from the bond with the spren. If nin is a herald, i am in the camp that he is, then he would not have his blade since he left it in the rock with the other heralds, and the blades are with stone shaman nin could not have recovered an honor blade from the stone shaman so he has to have his powers on his own and the honorblades have to be a buff to the heralds powers and serve of the main weapon of the heralds vs the thunderclast and other beings of odium. The heralds aren't normal humans they have been alive for over 4500 years, depending how long they came before the last desolation, so their bodies are more built to handle stormlight like the knights this is  why szeth had such a hard time retaining the light.

• Chaos locked this topic