Feruchemists and Shardblade wounds.

Qanon

If a Feruchemist is wearing a metalmind on his wrist and a Shardblade cuts through his upper arm, would he be able to tap the metalmind?

Edited by Qanon
Accidentally titled "sounds" instead of "wounds."

I looked to see if we have a WoB on this one, and wasn't able to find anything quickly, but my guess is no. 

The soul in the arm has been severed, and as such the metalmind is no longer in contact with the Feruchemists Spiritual Aspect. 

22 hours ago, Qanon said:

If a Feruchemist is wearing a metalmind on his wrist and a Shardblade cuts through his upper arm, would he be able to tap the metalmind?

I agree with Calderis, but since their arm isn't cut off, the Metalmind is still on their wrist. You can easily grab your wrist with your other hand, so the Metalmind can be tapped that way.

Actually, depending on how much clothing you wear, that Metalmind might be in contact with your hip/thigh as your arm hangs limp(though a limp arm would swing around as you move, making this contact inconsistent). As long as the Metalmind is touching part of your body that still has a Spiritual Aspect, it'd be able to be tapped.

6 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Actually, depending on how much clothing you wear, that Metalmind might be in contact with your hip/thigh as your arm hangs limp(though a limp arm would swing around as you move, making this contact inconsistent)

Don't Shardblades still cut through clothing? I thought they just "fuzz" on contact with skin.

16 minutes ago, MarShadow said:

Don't Shardblades still cut through clothing? I thought they just "fuzz" on contact with skin.

They do cut through clothing, even when worn by a living person.

25 minutes ago, MountainKing said:

What about if a feruchemist stores gold after his arm  had been cut by a shardblade, can he use that gold healing to repair his spiritweb and if a feruchemist stores pewter can he store muslce from his spiritually severed arm?

Their not storing healing ability from specific locations, just the ability as a whole. So if Gold can heal a Shardblade wound, which we've been told it could, it should work as long as their Cognitive doesn't prevent the healing. 

As to pewter, I think it would be similar... They'd continue to store their strength and draw it just the same, but the severed arm would stay severed and neither weaken nor strengthen as its not connected to them spiritually 

I know this is about Feruchemy, but is it possible to spike a gold shadow through the A-Gold user, since spiritually the spiritweb of the gold shadow exists in the spiritual realm.

Can I store the strength that burning pewter gives me in s pewter metal mind?

27 minutes ago, MountainKing said:

I know this is about Feruchemy, but is it possible to spike a gold shadow through the A-Gold user, since spiritually the spiritweb of the gold shadow exists in the spiritual realm.

You can't interact with it physically, as Vin's attempts with Rashek show, so doubtful. 

Can I store the strength that burning pewter gives me in s pewter metal mind?

Yes it can, but as this WoB says... 

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Allomantic pewter strength can be stored in a metalmind, but it's probably easier to just Compound.

source

If you have pewter Feruchemy and Allomancy, you can get a much larger benefit through burning the stores. 

• Chaos locked this topic