The Kholinar castle is moving to Urithiru

Trevalion

Here's a likely event.  Dalinar says at the end of the book, "Now that he saw those pillars from this perspective, he recognized that there was one of them in Kholinar.  It made up the dais upon which the palace and royal temple had been built."  Shallan also points this out and in the Lhan interlude, he points out the gate as the Circle of Memories, as was just pointed out in another post.  So this fact has had a lot of highlighting. 

We know Kaladin will be heading there, faced with saving large numbers from voidbringers, unmade, the Everstorm and riots.  What better way than to wheel the Kholin treasury of stormlight filled gems into the circle, tell the public to head in, perhaps if the riots are in looting phase, tell them to enter the castle and help themselves, open the circle and transport the whole castle and temple to Urithiru.  Then that gate will be open, and while you won't be able to travel from there to Urithiru easily, you could hop to Stormseat and onto Urithiru and back easily.  I'm sure it won't play out that simply, but it seems like a needed plot twist and besides that, it would just be cool.

It's possible, but the big problem will be figuring out how to unlock it. Remember, Jasnah's already found the Kholinar Oathgate, she just couldn't make it work. Likewise, Shallan couldn't make any of the Urithiru gates work other than the one to Stormseat. My guess is that shortly after the Recreance, people shut down, broke, or locked all the remaining gates, and the only reason the one on the Shattered Plains survived is because Stormseat was destroyed and abandoned already.

The other question is - how well with Urithiru weather the Everstorm? Like everything else on Roshar, it's built to shelter against storms from the east, not the west.

Jasnah did not have a radiant blade so why would it have worked for her? whether she thought to infuse it with stormlight like Shallan did is another matter.

I suspect the only lock they placed on it if any, would be a lock which stopped it from working unless a Radiant left from Urithiru to one of the others. Single way traffic perhaps?

Cayden: Jasnah had a radiant blade in the epilogue we don't know when she first had it, she's had a spren since the night Gsvilar died though, so there's a high chance her spren "bladed" when she tried to open the kholinar gate.

Cayden: Jasnah had a radiant blade in the epilogue we don't know when she first had it, she's had a spren since the night Gsvilar died though, so there's a high chance her spren "bladed" when she tried to open the kholinar gate.

Possibly but I dont think so it just doesnt quite feel right to me. It seems like the blades form during moments of extreme need and to be honest I just dont think Jasnah has ever really needed one before. She could soulcast as a weapon. I think she gained more power during her time in Shadesmar.

If she had a blade before she might have used it against that gang in tWoK rather than soulcast them.

Cayden: three points:

i) the ghost bloods mentioned Jasnah assassinating various of their members, she 'a had an action packed past, i think it 'a a but hasty to assume she's never been in extreme need.

ii) we don't know for sure that blades form only in a time of need.

iii) in tWoK Jasnah wouldn't have wanted to show Shallan a blade this was before she knew Shallan was a future radiant and her soulcasting abilities were sufficient.

Edited by rjl

I think that it is clear in the Lhan interlude that there was and Eleventh lamp at Kholinar (he referred to it as for the memory of the Tranquiline Halls or some such. But I am pretty sure that it is the "Lock" that blocks its use. How the "Lock" is removed though, I am not sure. Maybe it just "Unplugs" from the wall? then the others can be used?

• Chaos locked this topic