The Alleys and The Architect

ElephantEarwax

3 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Correct, except in one case.

If you, by force or otherwise, compel them to stab themselves, you are a criminal, even though technically you did not hold the knife yourself when the stabbing occured.

I am not forcing anything. I am offering innocent cookies.

1 minute ago, Leyrann said:

You compel them to stab themselves by convincing them to take a bite of a cookie with a spike.

Wrong. I do not compel them to do anything. If I give a kid a bat and he hits another kid am I responsible. No. If I give someone something dangerous and they hurt themselves, am I responsible? No.

2 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

TUBA is flourishing, what makes you think that it will die?

How long has it ben flourishing for? I expect it will soon go into decline and yall will either accept and adopt a new ethics (like hemalergy) or go inactive.

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

Just now, ElephantEarwax said:

Wrong. I do not compel them to do anything. If I give a kid a bat and he hits another kid am I responsible. No. If I give someone something dangerous and they hurt themselves, am I responsible? No.

Actually, yes you are responsible. A kid is not aware of the dangers a bat poses, as an adult you are supposed to teach them of it's dangers, and to reprimand the kid if he hits another kid with the bat. Also, there's a reason you don't give your 6-year-old a gun, right?

1 minute ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

How long has it ben flourishing for? I expect it will soon go into decline and yall will either accept a new ethics (like hemalergy) or go inactive.

Not exactly a compelling argument, but sure, if you believe that.

Just now, Leyrann said:

Actually, yes you are responsible. A kid is not aware of the dangers a bat poses, as an adult you are supposed to teach them of it's dangers, and to reprimand the kid if he hits another kid with the bat. Also, there's a reason you don't give your 6-year-old a gun, right?

Not exactly a compelling argument, but sure, if you believe that.

Why is it not compelling the majority of new guilds die off in a few months, the odds are against you.

7 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

But to get an email account you have to be 13. They should know not to take food from strangers. If they don't I am not responsible for teaching them.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

Just now, Leyrann said:

But I do not need to. I am part of TUBA.

But tell me. How many members did most of those new guilds have?

First being part of TUBA is gambling on its success.

They had few members, sure but lets not conjecture why most guilds fail in the first few months, we don't have the data to. All we know is that they do.

1 minute ago, ElephantEarwax said:

But to get an email account you have to be 13. They should know not to take food from strangers. If they don't I am not responsible for teaching them.

And teenagers are known for their thought-out decision making. They are never impulsive, nor naive.

Just now, The Forgetful Archivist said:

First being part of TUBA is gambling on its success.

They had few members, sure but lets not conjecture why most guilds fail in the first few months, we don't have the data to. All we know is that they do.

And there we have the difference. TUBA has a sizable membership already, as you are most likely aware.

And teenagers are known for their thought-out decision making. They are never impulsive, nor naive.

Ahh, sarcasm. Most of the teens I know are smart, its stuff like this that old people indoctrinate us with that breeds such behavior.

And there we have the difference. TUBA has a sizable membership already, as you are most likely aware.

3 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Look at the old LA thread.

Ahh, sarcasm. Most of the teens I know are smart, its stuff like this that old people indoctrinate us with that breeds such behavior.

Actually, as someone who's just past his teens, yes teens can be smart, certainly, but they are also impulsive, they do stupid things, and they tend to be naive.

Additionally, they will likely think that they are safe in the introduction thread of a forum... Little do the poor kids know.

As for the 'size' of the old Light Alley, the membership drops significantly once you only count people who posted two times or more. I also very much doubt they had any conversation elsewhere, while I can confirm that a sizable amount of TUBA interaction does not occur in the forum thread. That is also all I will reveal, I would add.

2 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

If they are stupid, they have to live with a bad choice.

That is quite the sociopathic line of thinking. Rather than caring for them and making sure they have a good time, you're abusing their naivity for your own good.

The DA has existed for a long time, it will not die as long as there are those who tell our story and carry our torch. TUBA, however, not so much.

The DA is held up by pillars. and from what I can tell, just a few pillars. if those pillars are knocked down, where does that leave the DA? Sure the DA is big, but does it really have enough of a foundation to stand up against new ideas? new organizations? new people?

TUBA existed before it came to light. We had time to grow. we had time to form our foundation. We had time to take root. Every other new guild that opposed the DA, was quickly swept off, decimated by the DA. But we have not been swept off. We shook your organization. We destroyed the Counter-Intelligence department. It's gone, dissolved. And let me channel Kelsier for a moment. We represent Hope. We are Hope. We won't fail. why? because we have Hope. What does the DA have? The DA has a facade of loyalty, and an air of bigness. Why do I say facade? because where is your connection? your cohesiveness? You built your group through spikes. We built our group on trust, trust, and a little bit of friendship. Cliche? sure. but Cliche is good. TUBA is built on cliche. So don't think we'll fizzle out. we are not the same as any guild that has come about before. So don't think we will disappear. we won't fade away. We are just beginning to shine.

(P.S. TUBA will continue to maintain it's neutrality. we will not attack anyone unless we are attacked first.)

Just now, Leyrann said:

That is quite the sociopathic line of thinking. Rather than caring for them and making sure they have a good time, you're abusing their naivity for your own good.

I am one. I am allowed to have that line of thinking.

Just now, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

The DA is held up by pillars. and from what I can tell, just a few pillars. if those pillars are knocked down, where does that leave the DA? Sure the DA is big, but does it really have enough of a foundation to stand up against new ideas? new organizations? new people?

TUBA existed before it came to light. We had time to grow. we had time to form our foundation. We had time to take root. Every other new guild that opposed the DA, was quickly swept off, decimated by the DA. But we have not been swept off. We shook your organization. We destroyed the Counter-Intelligence department. It's gone, dissolved. And let me channel Kelsier for a moment. We represent Hope. We are Hope. We won't fail. why? because we have Hope. What does the DA have? The DA has a facade of loyalty, and an air of bigness. Why do I say facade? because where is your connection? your cohesiveness? You built your group through spikes. We built our group on trust, trust, and a little bit of friendship. Cliche? sure. but Cliche is good. TUBA is built on cliche. So don't think we'll fizzle out. we are not the same as any guild that has come about before. So don't think we will disappear. we won't fade away. We are just beginning to shine.

(P.S. TUBA will continue to maintain it's neutrality. we will not attack anyone unless we are attacked first.)

P. S. We maintain that policy also. Both the base neutrality and the will not fall one. 

6 minutes ago, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

The DA is not supported by pillars it simply is. One does not destroy the dark, our universe was birthed from it and will one day return to it. It is and will always be.

6 minutes ago, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

We destroyed the Counter-Intelligence department. It's gone, dissolved.

True, that was clever. Have a cookie as a reward. But the DoCI was simply a single piece of the DA, it matters not that you razed it we survive, we will thrive.

7 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

We are making sure they have a good time, the DA rocks we just want to share our enjoyment.

1 minute ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

FYI I do not share in the DA's neutrality I will be coming for TUBA whether they attack first or not.

We do not attack first. If we fight, we do so in self-defense.

For the record, if you're not attacking us as part of the DA, then what are you part of?