Twinborn Cosplay Plan

So I was looking at Tor's website and saw a Stormlight cosplay guide. This got me thinking about my considered cosplay of a Mistborn character of mine, a twinborn lawman named Tarenwel(boring, I know :P). Here's the list of everything I need. 

-Bracers: Tarenwel is a Steelrunner Ferring, meaning he'd need bracers. The bracers I'm looking at right now are these. Though they appear to be designed for the forearm, I think they'd work just fine on the upper arm as well. As an added bonus they are actual steel, though how close they are to Allomantic purity is anyone's guess(well, anyone except Brandon or Peter I suppose. They probably know). +$33 

-Vials: Tarenwel is also a Seeker Misting, meaning he'd need to carry vials of bronze with him. Fortunately, Brandon actually sells vials of Allomantic metal here. +~$32(for three of them, the minimum amount I could see him carrying, plus shipping)

-Baton: As a lawman, Tarenwel carries a baton instead of a dueling cane or a gun. The one I'm thinking of for the costume can be found here. +$100

-Coins: Serving justice would be kinda difficult if you were broke, and I was probably going to get these anyways, so I added some of these babies to the costume. +$20

-Leather Coat: Part of Tarenwel's character design includes something similar to a sleeveless, simplified leather jacket. I intent to add an Allomantic Bronze symbol and a Feruchemical Steel symbol on the back. I actually intent to make this myself; I know a little bit about leatherworking, and intend to pick it up as a hobby sometime very soon. I will assume this costs about 40 dollars to make. +~$40

-Belt Pouch: Tarenwel will need something to hold his stuff in. I already have a western-themed belt, so I think I'll make a pouch type item for the coins and vials above. I'm going to assume that will cost around 20 dollars to make. +~$20

-Clothing: Tarenwel's other clothing consists of a light tank top-type shirt, simple white trousers, and boots. I'll probably use whatever my current hiking boots are for this, so no extra expense there, but I'm not sure how to get ahold of a shirt and pants that have the right "homespun" aesthetic I'm going for here. I'm going to assume both of these will cost around 20 dollars if I can find some that look right. +~$40

Estimated Total: $33 + $32 + $100 + $20 + $40 + $20 + $40 = ~$275 

Of course, that's assuming I ever actually do this. Which I probably won't. 

Still fun to imagine though!

Have no idea how expensive it would be to make, but a leather patch with three sleeves/pockets/loops to that attaches to the belt would be pretty cool, might be able to make it from scraps from the coat. 

I immediately imaged a flat piece of leather with two loops that the belt would thread through, so that the vials are always available without the need to dig in your pouch. 

10 hours ago, Calderis said:

Have no idea how expensive it would be to make, but a leather patch with three sleeves/pockets/loops to that attaches to the belt would be pretty cool, might be able to make it from scraps from the coat. 

I immediately imaged a flat piece of leather with two loops that the belt would thread through, so that the vials are always available without the need to dig in your pouch. 

I imagined something similar as well originally, but then I would have a ton of empty space in the pouch, which seems inefficient to me. As I type this I realize I could simply make the pouch smaller, and attach it to the loop contraption thing, which would probably make the most sense.

Edited by Quickbronze

• Chaos locked this topic