Why Nightblood can read thoughts, and a whole bunch of Cognitive Aspect stuff

Mad_Scientist

I don´t think nightblood is from another shard. My point was that Endowment(the shard, not the holder) could do something that would seem to be going against it´s intent. It was not the shard itself that stopped Leras, it was his mental conditioning by the shard right?

Take Vin as preservation. She could attack Ruin. She could "destroy to protect" I think was the quote straight from the book. Leras could not after holding the shard for millennia.

And as it was Leras mindset, his mental conditioning if you will, that stopped him from destroying, not the shard´s magic itself, then endowments magic, controlled by someone else, someone without the conditioning, should be able to create something that goes very much against the shard´s intent.

Wich would allow nightblood to wield Endowments magic(as commanded in his creation), to do something that goes against the shard´s intent, something the shard(holder) itself could not do.

I like this point. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if Nightblood's odd relationship with breath is a small-scale example of this "expending power in a way the Shards were reluctant to do." Nightblood forcibly steals and destroys Breaths at a stunning rate. That's a lot of power being burned right there, from a human perspective.

• Chaos locked this topic