You do NOT need to put "spoilers!" in the title of posts on WoR board.

Bloodfalcon

It has been stated several times and is written in the forum description that the Words of Radiance board is for spoilers in Words of Radiance. There is no need to start off every title with a spoiler warning. The only time you need spoiler tags is in the Stormlight Archive forum, and most of the time those posts should just be in the Words of Radiance board anyway. 

Hoping that a nice moderator will give this post a couple hours to be seen and then take it down. Just trying to get things in line a bit as I cannot edit other people's titles themselves, and 1/2 topics now includes [WoR Spoilerzzz! :)]

People have been coming here from Google (see the Kaladin vs Adolin thread) and been spoiled. Yeah, their fault and whatnot, but I figure I can at least try to direct them away. The "Recent Topics" addon also shows everything in the WoR forum, and some people look at that, so spoilers should not go in thread titles at the very least.

That said, it's been a week. Anyone researching WoK on Google has had their chance to read it. Spoilers are allowed in the Cosmere board now. I won't be bothering to spoiler tag my thread titles anymore.

Between calling out spoilers and people putting "Baseless speculation" on their titles, every thread title looks almost identical when I'm scanning a page now. It's not the biggest concern, but it is really irritating. Thanks for helping me get this nailed down, guys.

I think this board was open before the book came out, and there were some general specuation/discussion threads going on.

When WoR was released, the first few threads used the

tags for the benefit of people who hadn't gotten their copies yet.

I agree that it's redundant now -- if you're reading things here before reading the book, you will be spoiled!

I think this board was open before the book came out, and there were some general specuation/discussion threads going on.

When WoR was released, the first few threads used the

tags for the benefit of people who hadn't gotten their copies yet.

I agree that it's redundant now -- if you're reading things here before reading the book, you will be spoiled!

It was posted by the admins that those threads were not to exist in any form on the site until the book was released. I think people are just treating this board like they would a general one, but mostly because they haven't seen the posts or explanations of the rules. It is easy to get excited and just start posting after googling some 17th shard articles :) I know I did.

I don't mean to call anyone out on this, it is something I had been doing until I saw the description a long time ago; I just thought it would be a good reminder, and this was somewhere it would be actually read, haha

It was posted by the admins that those threads were not to exist in any form on the site until the book was released. I think people are just treating this board like they would a general one, but mostly because they haven't seen the posts or explanations of the rules. It is easy to get excited and just start posting after googling some 17th shard articles :) I know I did.

I don't mean to call anyone out on this, it is something I had been doing until I saw the description a long time ago; I just thought it would be a good reminder, and this was somewhere it would be actually read, haha

Yeah -- what I meant was that people who went to midnight releases, etc. threw on spoiler tags on their initial posts for the benefit of those of us still waiting on deliveries, etc. It was helpful in the very beginning, and the trend sort of stuck (even if it's outlived its usefulness).  I do appreciate the considerate tone of this board, though. I'd much rather see extraneous

tags floating around than thread titles like "ZOMG!!!SHALLAN KILLED DALINAR!!!!! :-(:-(:-( !!!BBQeleven".  :)

Edited by Harakeke

• Chaos locked this topic