Burritos

AC12

Question

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, hwiles said:

Definitely men's food. Men are permitted to ingest sweet wines, and I think they're allowed sweet desserts in moderation.

Did I miss a reference somewhere to men eating sweet desserts somehow? Because right now one of those sounds really good and I'm wondering if it's okay to eat. xD

And I suspect that wines aren't subject to the same gender restrictions because they're not food.

Serious Answer: It probably wouldn't exist on Roshar as such because of the combination of sweet and spicy, but take the hot sauce off and I'm guessing it would be women's food (never had one myself so I'm not sure how 'sweet' it is).

Nonserious Answer: You are a heretic whose soul risks being cast down into Damnation for defying proper Vorin gender roles. Speak to your ardent and come back to eating only sweet or spicy foods (gender-depending) as the Almighty demands of you.

On 1/28/2018 at 4:33 PM, AC12 said:

Would a Costa Vida sweet pork burrito with hot sauce be considered men's food or women's food on Roshar? This is important to me.

Definitely men's food. Men are permitted to ingest sweet wines, and I think they're allowed sweet desserts in moderation. Women on the other hand appear to have a hard ban on spicy food. If there was an actual cultural upheaval over the issue though it would probably be banned by both and only permitted for ardents and children...:P