The Second Letter (spoilers)

TheOneKEA

Another interesting implication to me is that the Shard on Ashyn (the one who seeks only to hide and survive) is able to hide from Odium, despite being so close to Roshar. Being stuck in the Roshar system wouldn't prohibit Odium from visiting Ashyn if he felt he had reason to.

Do we know that the "Survival Shard" is on Ashyn?

It makes sense.  I haven't read any of his unpublished works, alas, although I'd really like to!  I don't think they're available anywhere...thus the unpublished part ;)

Brandon will send you his best draft of White Sand and Aether of the Night if you ask for them in an email to him. Just remember that all discussion about those books is through PM only.

However i am under the impression that Dragonsteel is sfficently cosmere spoilery that he does not hand it out.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the year and a half necro, but after a re-read, something really odd just stood out to me. The writer (presumably Frost) uses the term current incarnation to describe Hoid. Granted no-one knows what exactly Hoid is (other than that he is something else entirely altogether) but due to his Lightweaving this might factor into used language...but this just seems like such a strange phrase to use.

As far as I know (as per several WoB) there is no Shard on Ashyn currently.  Brandon doesn't say much because the other planets near Roshar have impacted its mythology.

As for reading Dragonsteel, at this point you'll have to do what I did - go to BYU and read it in their library.  It is nearly impossible to get the book via interlibrary loan anymore.

Apologies for the year and a half necro, but after a re-read, something really odd just stood out to me. The writer (presumably Frost) uses the term current incarnation to describe Hoid. Granted no-one knows what exactly Hoid is (other than that he is something else entirely altogether) but due to his Lightweaving this might factor into used language...but this just seems like such a strange phrase to use.

I approve of this necromancy.

• Chaos locked this topic