[OB] Why didn't Jerizen's honorblade disappear?

Kuya

Not sure exactly, but there does seem to be a very different bond between the Honor Blades and the Heralds. I also think when they abandoned their Honor Blades at the last desolation it very well could have severed any connection they had to them. 

Welcome to the forum. 

I'm pretty sure that Jezrien's connection with his honorblade is captured in the dagger/gem pair that was used to kill him. Whether that was though stealing connection or storing his whole spiritual being I dont know.

We have this WoB that at least helps prove something was taken from Jezrien

source

kalamitous_emoashions [PENDING REVIEW]

Have we seen any evidence of Hemalurgy on Roshar? And, as sort of an addendum, given the end of Oathbringer, was what happened to Jezrien Hemalurgy?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

There are certain cosmere philosophers that would count it. I would divide it as two separate things that are using similar fundamentals... I wouldn't call it myself, but there are people who would disagree with me in-world. Have we seen evidence? I would say no evidence that is easily-- easy to pick out.

kalamitous_emoashions [PENDING REVIEW]

But it's there?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes, there are people with Hemalurgy who have been to Roshar. I'm pretty sure they've been on-screen.

His Honorblade would have disappeared and gone with him to Braize, or so it is assumed, had he just died normally. 

He did not die normally. However it was achieved, Jezrien is really dead. He's not coming back. So the tie to the blade has been completely severed.

Where ever Jezrien has gone, the blade can't follow. 

• Chaos locked this topic