The great splintering

marianmi

From WoR about Rayse:

"He bears the weight of God’s own divine hatred, separated from the virtue that gave it context.  He is what we made him to be, old friend. "

This is a message from the Dragon (Mraize?) to Hoid,

I think these two splintered Adonalsium.

I read that more as indicating that the writer and Hoid had encouraged Rayse to take up the shard of Odium thus making him what he is today. Not sure you can infer from this that they helped split adonalsium into shards in the first place (though I'm not against the idea that Hoid played a part in it).

Also, seeing as how the writer encourages no interference, I highly doubt it's Mraize since he is obviously interfering quite a bit.

Since nearly all the shard holders seemed to have known each other before taking up the shards, It is likely they either witnessed the shattering or were a part of it. They didn't put him back together because they either didn't want adonalsium reformed in the first place or they coudn't agree on which one of them should wield them so each took one.

From WoR about Rayse:

"He bears the weight of God’s own divine hatred, separated from the virtue that gave it context.  He is what we made him to be, old friend. "

This is a message from the Dragon (Mraize?) to Hoid,

I think these two splintered Adonalsium.

I think it's more likely that Hoid and Rayse were friends of some sort, Hoid betrayed Rayse in some manner, and Rayse got angry. Or some variant of that- he was driven to his actions by Hoid, made to do it.

I think it's more likely that Hoid and Rayse were friends of some sort, Hoid betrayed Rayse in some manner, and Rayse got angry. Or some variant of that- he was driven to his actions by Hoid, made to do it.

I read that more as indicating that the writer and Hoid had encouraged Rayse to take up the shard of Odium thus making him what he is today. Not sure you can infer from this that they helped split adonalsium into shards in the first place (though I'm not against the idea that Hoid played a part in it).

Also, seeing as how the writer encourages no interference, I highly doubt it's Mraize since he is obviously interfering quite a bit.

I think both of these are true, and Rayse, already being a pretty terrible person, was goaded or influenced into taking control of the Odium Shard because of some mistaken belief that it might overwhelm him or otherwise make him controllable in some way.

• Chaos locked this topic