Speculation on the Identity of the AAA

Kurkistan

Elantris does not take place "thousands" of years prior.  It takes place "hundreds but not quite thousands" of years before Mistborn Trilogy which is about 340 years before Stormlight.

Also I don't think knowledge about Yolen is quite as scarce as you are portraying it.  We know that some of the shardworlds were inhabited before the Shards got there and that humanity originated on Yolen which means some Yolish people had to migrate to those worlds were they would have Yolish knowledge.  And there are the Shards themselves, if I was creating something like the Ars Arcanum I would definitely try to speak with them whenever possible.  (And then there is Hoid...)

Of course that implies that Yolen is no longer "active", which we really don't have any indication of.

Amusing to see that you've more or less claimed Kurkistan's role of swooping in and setting us straight. Keep it up, Weiry!

As I said in the Compiled WOB thread, I think this answers the author question pretty well:

Omaha signing: http://www.17thshard...-13-2014/page-3

Q:  A couple of days ago, you mentioned some person called Khriss.  Has he actually appeared or been referenced in any of...

A:  She! has appeared and....
Q:  I guessed as much because one of the pictures says "Dear woman!" toward the end of the book.
A:  She has appeared in--if you ask around about Khriss, she has appeared in unpublished books.
Q:  Is Khriss the author of some of the Ars Arcanums?
A:  [Teasing]Oh I dunno.  That's very interesting
Q:  Does Khriss owe Nazh a new coat?
A:  [Long pause]I'll stay closed mouthed on Khriss.

I have been thinking it was Khriss for many of the reasons posted in this thread. But if it is her, the OP's quote means Khriss is a member of the 17th Shard? And maybe Nazh, if he works for Khriss? 

I have been thinking it was Khriss for many of the reasons posted in this thread. But if it is her, the OP's quote means Khriss is a member of the 17th Shard? And maybe Nazh, if he works for Khriss? 

I think it does! That's really neat, because Nazh was said to be close to Hoid's knowledge level and Khriss surpasses it. I've always thought of the 17th Shard members as a bit bumbling, in over their heads when dealing with powers (like Hoid and the Shards) beyond their comprehension. I thought of the 17th Shard members in the books like this too ;). But if one of the people after Hoid is Khriss, it makes things far more interesting and dangerous for Hoid IMO. 

• Chaos locked this topic