Lift Knows Hoid

Bort

At the end of Words of Radiance, Hoid and Jasnah are talking. During the conversation, Hoid says that one of the things he knows is what it is like to live inside a stomach being digested for a week.

While rereading Edgeddancer, I've just spotted a conversation between Lift and Wyndle in chapter 12.

"...Ol' Whitehair said you can't be crass, so long as you're talkin' 'bout art. Then you're being elegant. That's why it's okay to hang pictures of naked ladies in a palace."

"Mistress, wasn't this the man who got himself intentionally swallowed by a Marabethian greatshell?"

"Yup. crazy as a box full of drunk minks, that one. I miss him." She liked to pretend he hadn't actually gotten eaten. He'd winked at her as he'd jumped into the greatshell's gaping maw, shocking the crowd.

Sounds like Hoid to me.

What do you guys think, or is this old news? I did do a search, but didn't spot anything relevant.

25 minutes ago, Bort said:

At the end of Words of Radiance, Hoid and Jasnah are talking. During the conversation, Hoid says that one of the things he knows is what it is like to live inside a stomach being digested for a week.

While rereading Edgeddancer, I've just spotted a conversation between Lift and Wyndle in chapter 12.

Good catch Bort, this is indeed correct. If I'm being completely honest this would fall into the "old news" category, but still, good catch.

• Chaos locked this topic