So it looks like we are all voting on Elephant, so I guess I'll do that. I don't know if Elephant is the best, as they could be an Elsecaller... or not.

I think that Sage is probably the best person to vote on, as they had publicly outed themself as an Elsecaller. I doubt that Sage would have revealed, had he actually been an Elsecaller. But maybe not... Big IKYK situation. I'll be checking up on the cycle periodically, and if we decide we want to change to either Mouse, Sage, or someone else, then I will be online to help out with that, and be able to change my vote before it ends

I would have protected Ivory, but I had protected him last cycle, and couldn't. I was hoping to make the elims hit someone else, instead of Ivory for fear of being blocked, but it didn't work out. Sorry guys, I hope this didn't cost us the game. :( 

Not much to say, let's stick on course. Sapphire Elephant.

I do wonder why heron started talking as if game was over last night. It can't be that heron is on evil team and has us all fooled? Not that it matters now, I guess. He is leading the lynch on elephant who's an elim so I can get behind this lynch at least.

7 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Not much to say, let's stick on course. Sapphire Elephant.

I do wonder why heron started talking as if game was over last night. It can't be that heron is on evil team and has us all fooled? Not that it matters now, I guess. He is leading the lynch on elephant who's an elim so I can get behind this lynch at least.

On Night Eight we had twelve players, with five or six Sympathisers. Since the Sympathisers win when they outnumber the village, I assumed the worst-case scenario, that there were six Sympathisers and that they would be able to kill someone that Night, thus ending the game. IMHO nothing would have changed in the game if I had assumed there were five Sympathisers, except that I wouldn't have stayed up until 5am yesterday finishing up RP.

2 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Here's to hoping that Heron isn't an elim getting us all to vote on an Elsecaller. Elephant.

Considering that the elims have vote manipulation, I don't think all villagers voting on Elephant would help even if they aren't an Elsecaller. But unless anyone has a better plan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure then. I'd think that if I was a Sympathiser I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of voting on Mouse, retracting my vote, putting it back on because of something he said, trying to see whether any counter-lynches rose in response to his lynch train, and then voting for him again, but I'm hardly one to talk about being overly paranoid :P Regardless of if you have any ulterior motives for stating suspicion of me, there's a very easy solution, if you're truly worried about lynching Elephant. Vote on someone else. Make your case for a Mouse lynch, or a Kangaroo one. We have enough time in the cycle to shift the lynch, if that's what you really want.

I chose Elephant because I didn't want to bother puzzling over whether he was a Worldhopper or Elsecaller, and I was the first to post after the thread went up. That's all there is to it.

6 hours ago, Mint Heron said:

Such activity. Much wow. I love my timezone so much.

Don't mind me, just lonely!Kas speaking now :( Analytical!Kas or writer!Kas should be back once I get some sleep...

I'm sorry.  :unsure:  I wish I had time to RP or something with you guys.  I just don't.  

*cries*

I would totally love RPing too.

Also, tbf, I'm an Elim, and there's not a whole lot left for me to do except troll you guys at this point.  Which I would totally do.  Except I also don't have time to do that either.

*cries*

Edited by Sage Kangaroo
troll

Kharsis knelt in front of his cart, re-inventorying all the goods he had. Two sets of the game Pieces, three yo-yos, five dolls, seven tops… everything in this box was here. He opened another box and began counting out jars of spices.

“Uncle, how do you go to all of these places?”

“Eh?” Kharsis grunted. He looked up and saw Larsah in front of him, with her hands clasped behind her. “What?”

“Um…” Larsah’s hands twisted behind her back nervously. “You don’t have to answer if I’m bothering you…”

She seemed a lot shyer than at the dinner table, for some reason. “Nah, I was just taken aback by your question. What’re you asking again?”

“You’ve been to Thaylen City, right? Earned your fare by working in Kharbranth? How did you get to Kharbranth in the first place? Don’t caravan rides cost a lot?” Larsah fumbled with her questions, awkwardly trying to rephrase them. “I mean, uh, how do you fund yourself on your trips?”

“Hmm,” Kharsis said. “Usually I walk, so I don’t pay anything for a caravan. I make enough to support myself by trading things between villages. People will pay a lot for news from other places.” He shrugged. “I don’t make nearly as much as a Thaylen merchant, but it’s enough to support myself. Sometimes I’ll stay in a place and do some odd jobs for people. You learn a lot of skills on the road.”

“Okay,” Larsah said thoughtfully. Then she asked, “You’ve been to Kholinar, right? Center of Alethi culture and learning? What was it like?”

“Oh, I wouldn’t exactly call Kholinar a center of culture, exactly. It’s mostly a gathering place for sweaty, stinking soldiers addicted to fighting, or the ‘thrill’ as they call it. Let me tell you, they get really pissy if you joke about their commander.” Kharsis noted Larsah following his words raptly and hastily decided not to tell her that particular anecdote. “It’s actually not that bad of a place. There’s a lot of temples everywhere, since the Alethi are so religious. They usually always have some smoke rising out of them when people burn their glyphwards -- long pieces of paper that have prayers written on them. Some of them are quite beautiful, if you can get a glimpse of them before they’re burned.”

“It sounds nice,” she said wistfully. “Wish I could go. Um, thanks for answering.”

“Sure,” Kharsis said. “Anytime.”

Larsah left, and Kharsis went back to inventorying his goods.

Mint Heron.

Begone, fowl creature, from this land.  I hereby banish ye, with the powers invested in me, for I alone know what cometh.

Fear me, and my name, a wizard cloaked in green, a wise man, in many ways, a burning spark in the night sky.

You have earned my ire, and with it, my wrath, and with that, my anger, and with that, my vexation, and with that, my rage, and with that, my excessive use of my reservoir of synonyms.   

Oh gosh what am I even doing.

31 minutes ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Mint Heron.

Begone, fowl creature, from this land.  I hereby banish ye, with the powers invested in me, for I alone know what cometh.

Fear me, and my name, a wizard cloaked in green, a wise man, in many ways, a burning spark in the night sky.

You have earned my ire, and with it, my wrath, and with that, my anger, and with that, my vexation, and with that, my rage, and with that, my excessive use of my reservoir of synonyms.   

Oh gosh what am I even doing.

...You're not even going to let me survive this one game? :(

9 minutes ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Do not think that you will stay my hand with a show of emotion!  I am as a rock.

I'll leave that open to interpretation.

I haven't survived a game since MR4 :(

Edit: by survive, I mean survive with a character I was really invested in :P The other times don't quite count.

Edited by Mint Heron

AG4/AN1 - Night 9: A Dance of Life and Death

Sapphire Elephant stood before the village, smiling grimly. 

“A dance it is, then,” he said, bowing with a flourish. “The dance of death for me, and the desperate dance to save your lives for the rest of you. You have a chance, you know. Getting slimmer by the day, but if you can kill us first, you might survive. If you can clean the wellwater and escape the encroaching flames. I wish you luck.”

The village growled, but seemed frozen, almost afraid to approach him. 

He raised an eyebrow. “Or leave me alive. I suppose that if you wish to die, that can be obliged…”

They forced him up the gallows. No one really wanted to touch him, so he was sort of corralled up, and someone finally placed the noose around his neck. 

“Odium shall rule!” cried Sapphire Elephant. Crack

One dead. So many more to go… 

Sapphire Elephant was lynched. They were a Sympathiser Skybreaker

Vote Count
Sapphire Elephant (8): Amethyst Scorpion, Fuchsia Ostrich, Magenta Albatross, Mauve Crocodile, Mint Heron, Pearl Chameleon, Quartz Zebra, Sunburst Toucan
Fuchsia Ostrich (1): Sapphire Elephant
Mint Heron (1): Sage Kangaroo

Night 9 has begun. It will end in 19.5 hours, at 10pm GMT on the 11th February. 
bla_1518386400.png

Player List
Player List
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture - Villager
4. Charcoal Hyena - Cannoc - Villager
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Villager
6. Coral Swan - Elyle - Village Lightweaver
7. Cream Tuatara - Villager
8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick - Villager
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel - Village Elsecaller
11. Ivory Dragonfly - Nolan - Village Bondsmith
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo - Quentisan - Village Edgedancer
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk - Village Lightweaver
17. Opal Lion - Villager
18. Oxblood Beagle - Jai - Village Willshaper
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros - Villager
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana - Emalia - Village Lightweaver
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat - Village Bondsmith
25. Sapphire Elephant - Sympathiser Skybreaker
26. Scarlet Octopus - Village Edgedancer 
27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna
28. Taupe Gecko - Villager
29. Turquoise Gorilla - Village Dustbringer
30. Violet Axolotl - Villager

Ouch. :( That's kinda nasty.

We'll try to work something out, how about that?  Your death isn't really integral to our win, tbh.  

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/65915-ag4an1-day-9-uniter-divided-dividers-unite/?do=findComment&comment=673647

I appreciate the offer, but your team still has a way to go before winning. We're at 6:4 now and we have apodictic certainty of two more Sympathisers, so there's still a chance of a village win. Do what you have to do, yeah?

My stats are really bad without context, but they look much better when you realise that I've been on-and-off hiatus for a couple of years now. Technically the last time I survived was actually LG29, but I've excised that from my memory; a lot of things happened there that just killed my buzz for this game. At least now things seem much better, but I'll probably have to go again for life and all. SE is unhealthy for me :P

2 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Well, guess we get to wait and see how things sit after tonight.  It's not great odds, but I'm feeling a little more optimistic than I was last night.  Here's hoping the Elims revealed themselves way too early!

The odds are actually pretty great;  For us, anyway.  evilgrin.png

16 hours ago, Mint Heron said:

I appreciate the offer, but your team still has a way to go before winning. We're at 6:4 now and we have apodictic certainty of two more Sympathisers, so there's still a chance of a village win. Do what you have to do, yeah?

We have a Grand Diagram composed by the followers of Odium which assures our victory.  Don't worry.  We've got this.

1 hour ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

The odds are actually pretty great;  For us, anyway.  evilgrin.png

"Actually, I think the odds aren't as much in your favor as you want us to believe." Vanna had made her preparations to leave, but then the unexpected happened. Somehow the murdered had failed to overrun the village, and one of their number had finally been caught. "If you could have done a repeat of your attack on axolotl, you would have done so today. So whatever it was that allowed you to do so is unreliable at best, and used up at worst. No, I think that, if you aren't done for, you'll at least pay for your victory."

30 minutes ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

"Actually, I think the odds aren't as much in your favor as you want us to believe." Vanna had made her preparations to leave, but then the unexpected happened. Somehow the murdered had failed to overrun the village, and one of their number had finally been caught. "If you could have done a repeat of your attack on axolotl, you would have done so today. So whatever it was that allowed you to do so is unreliable at best, and used up at worst. No, I think that, if you aren't done for, you'll at least pay for your victory."

"You don't know what you're talking about," he snarled, his lips pulled back over his teeth in a gruesome approximation of a grin, his voice growling into harsh laugh.  "The attack on Axolotl was planned, and carried through to a tee, just as todays death was."

His face contorted madly as he made his stand, wrist cracking as he pointed at Vanna.

"Though one of us died today, we know his soul was taken by the Unmade, and he is with Passion as we speak.  Sacrifices must be made for victory, as you've said, but you will never know true sacrifice, just as you will never know true victory."  He continued, spitting on the ground between them.  "This fight may not be over yet, but this great game we're playing is as good as won."

Calming slightly, the man straightened, his hands returning to his sides, righting his clothing.  He cleared his throat, and for a moment he could have been seen as a sane man.

But his eyes; they burned, glistened, shone with a mad light that was an all too clear reminder of his mental state.  There was a depth there, a depth of knowledge and of understanding, like that of a man who had gone searching, struggling, mining for knowledge, but had gone too far, dug too deep, and now what was left of the man that had begun that quest for knowledge was buried under the weight of what he had found.

"It's as good as won."  He repeated, laughing softly, looking into the distance.  "A good chess player knows when he has lost, sometimes several steps ahead.  And while there's always some room for surprise..."

His head snapped back, his eyes fixing themselves on Vanna.  "A good chess player knows when he's won."

Edited by Sage Kangaroo
grammar. can't have bad grammar making a halfway decent bit of rp worse

AG4/AN1 - Day 10: I Will Protect

Vanna stared at the painting in front of her. The border was a red-and-black stormcloud, with flashes of dark lightning scattered throughout it. But the centre, where she had hoped for light… A void had sprung into being there, against her will. She felt like she were looking into an endless abyss of night.

A single spot of whiteness remained in the centre. Vanna did not want to fill it in, but…

She lifted her charcoal, hesitantly. 

“You’ve lost,” said a voice from behind her. 

She sighed. “Tonight, then. I had been wondering.”

“You should’ve flown away when you had the chance, little Windrunner,” said the voice, coming closer. “You had plenty of chances.” 

“You’re right,” Vanna agreed, still staring down at the painting in defeat. “But I didn’t.” She smiled defiantly. “And I won’t.”

Quickly, she bent over the painting, finishing the centre at least. It wasn’t complete darkness, and she didn’t care what her instincts had to say in the matter. At the very bottom of the abyss she’d drawn was left the tiniest bit of pure light. 

She spun to face her attackers. “I swore an oath to protect. I will not run when my home is in danger, no matter the cost.” 

She inhaled Stormlight, making the cottage go entirely dark except for her glowing body. 

“Life before death!” she cried, and attacked. 

Three arrows took her in the back. Her Stormlight vanished. 

The painting, had anyone been able to see it, was unblemished but for a tiny spot of Vanna’s blood covering the white at its centre. 

Sunburst Toucan was killed. They were a Village Windrunner

Day 10 has begun. It will end in 48 hours, at 10pm GMT on the 13th February.
bla_1518559200.png

Player List
Player List
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture - Villager
4. Charcoal Hyena - Cannoc - Villager
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Villager
6. Coral Swan - Elyle - Village Lightweaver
7. Cream Tuatara - Villager
8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick - Villager
9. Fuschia Ostrich