I have no idea what Falcon is doing, but it sounds ominous. Have they done this before? (I'm a PH) 

@Magenta Albatross You missed me on your reads list. Dangit my mobile tags aren't working. Hey, fixed it.

@Mint Heron I'm on mobile so I'm not sure how to quote the post, but a cycle or two I noted that one of Mouse's posts had struck me as off. Later I revisited it to find out what, but I couldn't find what it was other then a reads list that I thought was more aimed to build village cred than to catch elims.

37 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

I have no idea what Falcon is doing, but it sounds ominous. Have they done this before? (I'm a PH) 

Since he accidentally revealed himself, I can say that it is indeed somewhat typical, and not particularly alignment indicative.

37 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

@Mint Heron I'm on mobile so I'm not sure how to quote the post, but a cycle or two I noted that one of Mouse's posts had struck me as off. Later I revisited it to find out what, but I couldn't find what it was other then a reads list that I thought was more aimed to build village cred than to catch elims.

"Hmmm, I think someone mentioned a while ago that mouse had a lot of village reads, and provided a couple of reasons for why that might be suspicious. 'Vanna shrugged. "I don't know who said that, though, so take this with a pinch of salt."

Soddit. The lynch today is critical. Assuming a normal-size evil team, we're at 9:6 or 10:5. If a villager gets lynched today by the start of Day Eight we'll be at 7:6 or 8:5. @Emerald Falcon, while forcing a tie might net us some information, it's so damned late in the game that might not matter anymore. All it'll take for your plan to kill a villager is one Sympathiser online around rollover or one villager who decides that Player A is more suspicious than the others when they're really village. Then we'll be screwed.

Right now the Sympathisers probably want to ensure a lynch on a villager, any villager. Then they'll be so close to parity that it'll take almost every single villager to lynch a Sympathiser, but they'll have Night kills and we won't. Because of that, I'm suspicious of anyone who has put a second or third vote on someone.

Here's a vote tally:

Vulture: Nolan (Dragonfly) <1>, Scorpion <1>, Nolan <3>, Kangaroo <1>, Falcon <1>

Scorpion: Mouse <1>, Vanna (Toucan) <1>, Elephant <1>, Vulture <1>

Crocodile: Nolan<2>

Mouse: Kharsis (Heron) <1>, Ostrich <1>, Falcon <2>

Vanna (Toucan): Chameleon <1>, Albatross <1>

Falcon: Mouse <2>

I don't like Elephant's vote, or Ostrich's. Falcon is also rather sus too.

It's almost 4 AM and rollover's in two hours. Looks like I'm staying up today >> 

For storm's sake I'm not recording whatever happens in Toucan's post.

Sorry folks.  I've had an insane time trying to get online lately.

Seeing as my system was/is completely screwed,  I don't mind letting the RNG decide the lynch.  So, Mouse.  I believe that makes it a three way tie again.  Although, I am secretly hoping that Mouse gets lynched as I still have some hope that my system redeems itself.

30 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

@Mint Heron

Since you seem to understand what's going on with Falcon, do you mind explaining it for the rest of us? I'm more than halfway ready to vote on them

Falcon's likely trying to provoke some last-minute vote-switches, which can be analysed to look at player relationships. The problem is that the Sympathisers would only have an interest in meddling to save a teammate or to troll. It's also likely to end up on a dead villager, because a tie only requires one vote to break. That would give us something to analyse, sure, but our numbers are so low that we can't afford to sacrifice a villager for more information. We're at the stage of the game where we should be acting on the information we have, not desperately trying to gather more.

Elephant, would you mind responding to my vote on you? Perhaps by saying something to prove that you're voting because you think that's the best place to put your vote, and not just because you want to see a villager dead.

3 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

@Azure Mouse, oblige a member of the House of Paranoia, yeah? What nickname did I give you?

As a reminder, whilst you are allowed to claim to be a player, you may not prove that you are who you claim to be, whether through information only you could know, or any other device you think of.

That being said, if it weren't clear, I am claiming to be the M'Hael(barde), of the Heatherlocke clan, as any recurring player would probably know.

30 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

Falcon's likely trying to provoke some last-minute vote-switches, which can be analysed to look at player relationships. The problem is that the Sympathisers would only have an interest in meddling to save a teammate or to troll. It's also likely to end up on a dead villager, because a tie only requires one vote to break. That would give us something to analyse, sure, but our numbers are so low that we can't afford to sacrifice a villager for more information. We're at the stage of the game where we should be acting on the information we have, not desperately trying to gather more.

Elephant, would you mind responding to my vote on you? Perhaps by saying something to prove that you're voting because you think that's the best place to put your vote, and not just because you want to see a villager dead.

That makes a little more sense. As you say, we're way too late in the game for that to be worthwhile. But poor judgement isn't the same as suspicious activity, I guess.

And of course.

I wanted to do a full and complete reread to sift out whatever information I could. That became...unrealistic, for a number of reasons (not least preparing for my job interview today!) and my promised contributions to the thread weren't forthcoming. I finally decided that I'd participate and vote based on the information I had instead of freezing up and going inactive because I wasn't able to get all the information I wanted.

So I started with today. Scorpion's was the most immediately suspect, so I voted. And watching the swings back and forth between Vulture and Scorpion, I'm seeing a much more contested lynch than we've had for a number of cycles. It seems that the Eliminators have generally been content to go along with village lynches - this is the first one since before Meerkat (or maybe even earlier? I could be remembering wrong) that's had a contested target going this late into the day. I think the most likely explanation is that one of them is an Elim. Specifically, I'm looking at the Mouse train and seeing something that looks an awful like Elims trying to save either Scorpion or Vulture.

I've got a pretty strong village read on Vulture, so I'm more than comfortable leaving my vote where it is. I'm open to lynching Ostrich, though - their vote on Mouse sounds like a bandwagon (I've got a pretty strong village read on you too, Kas) jump to save a teammate who's up for the lynch.

11 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

That being said, if it weren't clear, I am claiming to be the M'Hael(barde), of the Heatherlocke clan, as any recurring player would probably know.

Thank you for confirming that I hadn't just completely forgotten the existence of a follower of mine, Mouse. I wanted confirmation from from you just to make sure. I have no followers. I checked, and I never gained any posthumously, either. Moreover, the M'Hael was Wilson's Herald. Unless there was a sudden shift of allegiances behind the scenes that I couldn't find, he's still Wilson's Herald today. So your claim of why you actually knew what PM safety was bogus. A recurring player could have known about it but would have no reason to lie about being my disciple, a position that has never been taken up. However, a Sympathiser could have reason to lie and claim that position to get on my good side.

No offense, but we've done a crap job of gathering info thus far. We (or I at least) am desperately gathering info because I am desperate. I haven't been super active, which hasn't helped. We can lynch essentially blindly, or we could have (since your explanation kind of ruined it) made one last gamble to try to get the info we need before parity. 

Some of Mouse's behaviour has struck me as genuinely off, although I voted primarily to enforce a tie. Now that he's claiming to be Hael I'm suddenly getting LG... want to say 29 flashbacks. But that is probably confirmation bias given the events of today... (insert Heron post here) or.... Maybe not? :P I'll admit I've been around for a while, and maybe!Hael's claim didn't sound that off, but I'm not really sure. Unless Heron is misremembering, one of the two is lying...

Edited by Emerald Falcon

5 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

Thank you for confirming that I hadn't just completely forgotten the existence of a follower of mine, Mouse. I wanted confirmation from from you just to make sure. I have no followers. I checked, and I never gained any posthumously, either. Moreover, the M'Hael was Wilson's Herald. Unless there was a sudden shift of allegiances behind the scenes that I couldn't find, he's still Wilson's Herald today. So your claim of why you actually knew what PM safety was bogus. A recurring player could have known about it but would have no reason to lie about being my disciple, a position that has never been taken up. However, a Sympathiser could have reason to lie and claim that position to get on my good side.

One can be a disciple of Kas and the Herald of the Brightness Ascendant. Being a disciple of Kas is about preaching PM safety. That's not mutually exclusive with spreading the Word about the Brightness Ascendant. And I'm sure that I've referred to myself as a Disciple of Kas. Only, maybe not to you. Pretty sure I have to Wilson, but she's quite obviously not in this game. I think I've referred to myself that way in docs, or maybe direct messages, but I don't know if we have an El in this game to summon that sort of knowledge either. I would rather not do this, but I don't think I can avoid it either... Falcon, Scorpion

Edit: I mean Falcon, Scorpion. :ph34r:

Edited by Azure Mouse

@Sapphire Elephant I expressed suspicion of Mouse a cycle or two ago, so for me to have bandwagoned on him to save a teammate requires me to have had a premonition about today's voting state. The more likely (and true) explanation is that I voted with my bad gut read and to lynch someone other than Scorpion or Vulture.

Also, all of you really experienced players have completely lost me. I'll stick with my vote and let you guys sort it out.

Axolotl, are you claiming to be Alv?

vote tally, for those who lost track:

Vulture(3): Dragonfly, scorpion, kangaroo
Scoprion(4): toucan, vulture, elephant, mouse
mouse(4):  ostrich, falcon, axolotl, heron
toucan(2): pearl, alabross

17 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

kharsis, what in Storms name are you babbling about? Wilson's herald? Kas' Disciples? Can you please explain this to me?

Edited by Sunburst Toucan

AG4/AN1 - Night 7: Despair

The days continued to drag on. Every day a death, and every night a killing. Each one innocent, each mourned less and less as the townsfolk grew numb to the deaths. 

As sunset fell on the village, Amber Vulture died to a dagger across his throat. He hadn’t been anyone important, true, but he had been someone. A regular person, sustaining the town, having children, and now dying. Like all the rest…

The eyes of the townsfolk grew more hollow. The fear hanging over the village was replaced by despair. 

Sherrah still lived, still told tales to those children who would come, but those were few, now. Elysian was gone, and the children of many of those who had already died were gone as well. Amber Vulture’s children did not come to the fire that night, either, and Sherrah gazed at the few brave children sadly. 

And after her tale was done, she walked to the edge of the village and watched the fires surrounding the mountain grow closer. 

Amber Vulture was lynched. They were a Villager.

Vote Count
Amber Vulture (4): Amethyst Scorpion, Ivory Dragonfly, Magenta Albatross, Sage Kangaroo
Amethyst Scorpion (3): Amber Vulture, Azure Mouse, Sapphire Elephant, Sunburst Toucan
Azure Mouse (3): Emerald Falcon, Fuchsia Ostrich, Mint Heron, Violet Axolotl
Sunburst Toucan (1): Pearl Chameleon           

Night 7 has begun. It will end in 48 hours, at 10pm GMT on the 2nd February.
bla_1517695200.png

Player List
1. Amethyst Scorpion
2. Azure Mouse
3. Amber Vulture - Villager
4. Charcoal Hyena - Cannoc - Villager
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Villager
6. Coral Swan - Elyle - Village Lightweaver
7. Cream Tuatara - Villager
8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick
9. Fuschia Ostrich
10. Indigo Weasel - Village Elsecaller
11. Ivory Dragonfly - Nolan
12. Magenta Albatross
13. Mauve Crocodile
14. Melon Dingo - Quentisan - Village Edgedancer
15. Mint Heron
16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk - Village Lightweaver
17. Opal Lion - Villager
18. Oxblood Beagle - Jai - Village Willshaper
19. Pearl Chameleon
20. Plum Rhinoceros - Villager
21. Quartz Zebra
22. Saffron Iguana - Emalia - Village Lightweaver
23. Sage Kangaroo
24. Salmon Meerkat - Village Bondsmith
25. Sapphire Elephant
26. Scarlet Octopus - Village Edgedancer 
27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna
28. Taupe Gecko - Villager
29. Turquoise Gorilla - Village Dustbringer
30. Violet Axolotl

Wrong again. 

I’d like a really thorough explanation on what exactly was happening at the end of last cycle, as I understood absolutely none of it.

Since most of you have probably figured out by now, I am my own Bondsmith contact. I thought Vulture was suspect, and clearly I was wrong. I removed her vote, which may have caused her lynch. However, another Bondsmith removed a vote on Mouse, so I’d say he’s our most likely suspect, if we make it through tonight. 

Only people I might trust at this point are Kangaroo, Heron, and Albatross. Scorpion I’m probably wrong about, as he’s looking Elim (again) to me, for what it’s worth. I’ve been so consistently wrong that you should probably just ignore me at this point. 

Lynch me tomorrow if you will. I probably deserve it, after killing so many villagers. But there you have it. Everything I know (except the role of one person, but I’m not revealing that unless they give me permission). We’re probably not going to win this one, but I’m going out kicking and screaming.

I encourage everyone else to do the same.

:'(

Can't complain about that soothing of a vote off me. Though I have to wonder if that was soothing Falcon's vote off Vulture and they didn't get back on. Less likely than an elim soothing though. I read that more as the elims having a three way village lynch, and just deciding to troll us by basically ensuring I get lynched next cycle to give them a victory...

Arghh. Looks like someone soothed a vote off me, which I’m grateful for, but we need to hit an Elim soon. 

@Violet Axolotl, why are you so emphatic about having someone protect Ivory? I haven’t seen anything that would convince me they’re a more valuable villager than anyone else, and asking for that type of thing just makes it more likely the Elims will pick a different target anyways. That reads very suspiciously to me.